EBC Rotors and green pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to doing some work on the rig. Got some EBC dimpled and slotted rotors for the front and green pads all 4 corners. Had the back rotors turned, still had plenty of meat on those, didn’t have a chance to brake/bed them in yet as the flange gasket for both front sides pulled apart. I gotta say it’s a job just to replace the rotors! Not terrible but time consuming for sure. It was good to get a look in the hubs and see how previous maintenance was done. Looks like she has had quite a few shade trees doing work on her. Refused locking washers, axle nuts taken off with screw drivers flange nuts grinder down on one side so wheel fits. Looks like I’ll be stopping at the old parts desk at Toyota on Monday. Entertainingly when I called TOYOTA to order the flange gaskets I told them I had an LX450 and they said your gonna have to call Lexus. :hmm: I said okkk how about I have a LandCruiser? LOL I’ll post a review on the rotors and pads once she gets off the stands.

B2F35E45-2727-40D6-A8A7-A3253C8E0CE4.jpeg

I went with akebono and napa premium rotors all the way around a week or so ago. HUGE improvement!

this is good info. Could you please give us a link to your rotors and pads? I'll just follow suit.

this is good info. Could you please give us a link to your rotors and pads? I'll just follow suit.
Capture.PNG

I paid too much for the Royal Purple, but think I got a pretty good deal on the rest...

looks like all items came from NAPA so they can order Akebono pads. Good to know. Thanks.

I've run Akebono and Hawk LTS pads, and the Hawk pads are a noticeable step up from the Akebonos in performance, with no downside other than cost.

so NAPA sells drilled AND slotted rotors, that's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom