Ebay radiators. Anyone have one? 84 3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been having trouble sourcing out an OEM radiator for my truck that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Mine either needs to be recored or replaced. I was looking at a 4core re-core but I'm looking into the ebay options now. Found a 3 row that would fit my 60 series 3b I'm sure with a bit of modification I'd assume. I plan to turbo my cruiser but I want to know how these things cool under extensive heat or just in general. Does anyone have one? Would you recommend it?

Here it is

TIA!

-T

Part of the problem these days is the price of copper. It makes the core expensive to start with, then you add in the labour. I have used Canada Rad, and I recommend them if that's the way you go. Not the cheapest route, however.

As for the aluminum rad, I read enough mixed reviews that I steered away from them. That said, it's hard to argue with the price. If you do go ahead with aluminum, make sure your grounds are all in good shape and make sure to read up on the electrolysis from the aluminum, like this article.

People like aluminum also because it looks good.

One issue I have with inexpensive parts, or things like an aluminum rad is what alloy they used? There is so much variety in alloys, and yes there is cheap alloys and ones that are very good.

You almost need to see what alloy is used in a premium aluminum rad, or one that is an OEM version. Then ask what alloy is used in a low cost one.

I think I would not be tempted by a 150 dollar rad, and would rather spend money here.

People like aluminum also because it looks good.

One issue I have with inexpensive parts, or things like an aluminum rad is what alloy they used? There is so much variety in alloys, and yes there is cheap alloys and ones that are very good.

You almost need to see what alloy is used in a premium aluminum rad, or one that is an OEM version. Then ask what alloy is used in a low cost one.

I think I would not be tempted by a 150 dollar rad, and would rather spend money here.

Yeah I don’t usuallt prefer going the cheaper route. I’m shipping my radiator down to the city today to get it recored from a 3 row to a 4 row. Thanks for you input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom