ebay master cylinder/prop valve/booster combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150970355672?item=150970355672&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I have a 1976 fj40 with four wheel discs. My brakes feel a little spongy and could def brake better in traffic.

I have been researching all the threads with the big bore master cylinder by marlin and the all pro master cylinder from the fj80 and minitruck/4runner booster for the fj40.

I like that all is inclusive in this one with the prop valve but would like any info people have especially bc there are no returns.

By the way - thanks for all the great info so far on this forum. I'll try to contribute my own once i have have more info. For example I am having a local guy do my a/c so if it works out i'll pass it along... his estimate is $700 parts and labor.

Thanks,
Mike

how old is your brake fluid and when was the system last serviced ?

how old are the soft brake lines ?

Push on your brake pedal then start the engine, if it sinks a little more once the engine starts your existing booster is likely working. X2 on Claudia suggestion. I think you are focused on the wrong parts. If the brake was slowly going to the floor or not building pressure it could be the master, but your problems sounds eslewhere. Make sure your rear drums are properly adjusted and check your front rotors to make sure they are not glazed over.

Push on your brake pedal then start the engine, if it sinks a little more once the engine starts your existing booster is likely working. X2 on Claudia suggestion. I think you are focused on the wrong parts. If the brake was slowly going to the floor or not building pressure it could be the master, but your problems sounds eslewhere. Make sure your rear drums are properly adjusted and check your front rotors to make sure they are not glazed over.

Thanks for all the info. Going to test it now again.

The car has fairly new brake lines and maintenance and its not like braking with the 4 wheel discs brakes are horrible (the booster and master are working) its just not as good as it could be if that makes any sense? Its more like my old fj62 and in crazy sf traffic id like it more like the 80-100 models if it can be. I read here that people switch master cylinder/booster to the later non us fj80 to gain better stopping power with the converted discs on the fj40's. im goin to get it checked out tomorrow at my mechanic again just in case.

Thanks again,
Mike

Mike,

I wonder if there's any air in your brake lines? I've had very good luck pressure bleeding my brakes as opposed to the more conventional "two-man method"...

Just as an FYI, I've purchased a few used FJ40 items from that ebay seller.

All transactions were flawless. The items were accurately described, well packaged and promptly shipped.

Good Luck in your quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom