ebay, malaysian snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Forget the snorkel, how bout the sweet tires on that thing...

Simex, baby... It'd take all of about 10 miles before a lawsuit would arise IF they were ever sold here...

Narrow tires and high average speeds do not mix...

The LTB is the closest thing...

Or a BFG 35/10.50 :D which I was called not too long ago by a company exec who said she was going to kick it upstairs to the marketing department... :grinpimp:

The auction sounded a bit wordy to me. They plagiarized the text from a Texas geomembrane company. I'll bet these snorkels don't actually have "poly-flex liners".
Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
Doesn't ARB have a warning about Chinese knock off snorkels?
The second half of the item description is stolen right from Safari snorkels

Gotta love it when your product that took lots of R&D money and man hours to make gets ripped off and copied by another company. Happens everyday, has happened with a few of our products in the past. I personally wouldn't give that chinese company 1 cent, even if it was identical to the original.

Pay respect to the original innovators. Not this copycat garbage.

Gotta love it when your product that took lots of R&D money and man hours to make gets ripped off and copied by another company. Happens everyday, has happened with a few of our products in the past. I personally wouldn't give that chinese company 1 cent, even if it was identical to the original.

Pay respect to the original innovators. Not this copycat garbage.

Geesh! baktasht :whoops: Way to make me feel guilty about this buy! :crybaby: Well it's on the truck, so I guess I will just see how it holds up. :bang: :ban:I'll take some pictures and upload! I do have to hand it to the Chinese/Malaysians.. They sure make good copies. What worries me now is the UV resistance, I do live in Phoenix :doh: so I guess only time will tell if it's really going to hold up to the sun, About cracking and breaking with impact, I can tell you that I have given it a good beating on many trails so far in the last 5 months, and there is no signs of any cracking yet.. :meh:

:idea: Just a thought... what do you guys think about, if I paint it to match the truck With the $100 I saved on the buy, I could get an professional to paint, and 3x clear coat it for scratch resistance, witht the added bebefit of the paint being the ultimate UV protection, and since it would match the truck, It may also help with decreasing the "What the heck is that for :mad: " factor ??? :hmm: :D :grinpimp: Anyone have a painted snorkel ... Pictures??

Last edited:
Geesh! baktasht :whoops: Way to make me feel guilty about this buy! :crybaby: Well it's on the truck, so I guess I will just see how it holds up. :bang: :ban:I'll take some pictures and upload! I do have to hand it to the Chinese/Malaysians.. They sure make good copies. What worries me now is the UV resistance, I do live in Phoenix :doh: so I guess only time will tell if it's really going to hold up to the sun, About cracking and breaking with impact, I can tell you that I have given it a good beating on many trails so far in the last 5 months, and there is no signs of any cracking yet.. :meh:

:idea: Just a thought... what do you guys think about, if I paint it to match the truck With the $100 I saved on the buy, I could get an professional to paint, and 3x clear coat it for scratch resistance, witht the added bebefit of the paint being the ultimate UV protection, and since it would match the truck, It may also help with decreasing the "What the heck is that for :mad: " factor ??? :hmm: :D :grinpimp: Anyone have a painted snorkel ... Pictures??

Don't feel guilty, this was bound to happen, Safari are not the only ones that sell sonrkels, look at the Airforce from Ironman, they look the same. As time passes, we will see more and more similar snorkels in the market. I f this snorkel works for you, I'll get one.:cheers:

Well ... I second jvazquez53 "Don't feel guilty" ... LLDPE is a raw petrochemical materials and it is available in the industrial sector to produce so many products and one of them the sonrkels. Guys don't forget that the Japanese were copying American and German motors till they reached to Produce their own Automobile.

To produce a snorkel, all what you need: LLDPE + Machine + 1 Chinese Labor.
The idea of sonrkel: Elbow + Pipe.
I am sure the Chinese will make the dimension (Diameter & Length) of the elbow and the pipe different than Safari's product.

Why not to buy sonrkel from Chinese if it is produced from LLDPE and not the exact product (in dimensions) of Safari?!

Let's all feel guilty that we are driving a vehicle that originated from the Japanese wanting to steal the idea of the Jeep!

How about your DVR? Is it a Tivo? If not feel guilty...smartphone? Not a Palm? GUILTY!

That's how the world works, companies "borrow" all the time...even this forum is users borrowing ideas from others.

Please get off your soap box and join the rest of the common man down here.

I'd be willing to take my chances on a Chinese snorkel. God knows I have no love for ARB but this seller is completely douchy. The images are stolen from ARB the text is misleading and stolen from two different companies. When Toyota 'stole' the Jeep design they at least made it bigger and stronger and put their own name on it and changed it enough to satisfy copyright and trademark law.

Don't feel guilty Manuelsv. That's how the chinese market works these days. They make direct copies of other companies products and sell them for pennies on the dollar. As a consumer that's on a budget and doesn't really care where or how the product came about, it's hard to say no to the same exact item at half the price.

mshelby, Making a product from scratch that is similar in what it does is very different than making a direct copy of a product. There's nothing wrong with making a DIFFERENT product that meets the same needs. But straight up ripping off a design and making an exact copy of it is one more reason that jobs are being lost everywhere in countries that actually put time money and man power into creating new and innovative products. Anyone can copy something that already exists. That takes no startup money, no engineering money and no R&D money. To sit here and be okay with that and turn a blind eye to it is one thing. But to tell me to get off my soap box is simply insulting. But you simply don't know or don't care about the big picture, so I won't take any offense to that.

Last edited:
What about the Ironman Airforce snorkel? It is completely similar to the Safari. I don't think that two australian companies would be the same item with a different name. Now who copied who out of these two?:hmm:

just arrived ordered on april 20
100503_171249.jpg

100503_171031.jpg

100503_171049.jpg

100503_170926.jpg

100503_171000.jpg

I haven't seen ARB in person, but how does it compare in design and construction???

Isn't the newer Safaris have an indentation for the antenna? I read somewhere that it can be done by heating a small metal pie and mold it so the antenna fits. By looking at the pictures, it looks good.:cheers:

Move the snorkel, and show me that grand national!!

I'm guessing Safari spent a lot of time and R&D, creating and marketing their product. People in Australia, as well as venders all over the world and here in the U.S., depend on the sale of their product as their livelihood. A livelihood they EARNED through hard work and investment. Then along comes some thief, who literally steels their design, by copying the mold right down to the logo.

IMO, these inferior products hurt all of us. They hurt workers of the legitimate company who designed them and who depend on their sales, by taking away from their sales and harming their reputation as these inferior products flood the market, have quality issues and give the false impression to potential buyers that Safari makes inferior products. They also hurt the rest of us, who depend on current and future quality products from high quality manufactures and venders. Because if quality manufactures and venders cannot stay in business making quality products, then they won't.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Safari spent a lot of time and R&D, creating and marketing their product. People in Australia, as well as venders all over the world and here in the U.S., depend on the sale of their product as their livelihood. A livelihood they EARNED through hard work and investment. Then along comes some thief, who literally steels their design, by copying the mold right down to the logo.

IMO, these inferior products hurt all of us. They hurt workers of the legitimate company who designed them and who depend on their sales, by taking away from their sales and harming their reputation as these inferior products flood the market, have quality issues and give the false impression to potential buyers that Safari makes inferior products. They also hurt the rest of us, who depend on current and future quality products from high quality manufactures and venders. Because if quality manufactures and venders cannot stay in business making quality products, then they won't.

X2, Stop supporting pirates and thieves. It's bad enough that we have to vote for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom