ebay, malaysian snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a Safari snorkel to me

It is marked safari, but for that price? they also carry an airlocker for a land cruiser that is definately not an arb...but their website does not specify what type of land cruiser the air locker fits.....

Forget the snorkel, how bout the sweet tires on that thing...

Probably the cheapo fiberglass knock-offs that keep popping up (but it does say its not fiberglass, so who knows). I'd be hesitant to try it out... Haven't heard anything good about them yet... the price is nice though... I just spent double-that on a safari.

I purchased one about a week ago and it will take about another 3 weeks go get here. I emailed the seller and he said that they were not the cheap fiberglass one. I checked his ebay history and it seems he has sold a couple to the us and the customers were happy. So i will wait and see.

also I paid $150 for it.

I purchased one about a week ago and it will take about another 3 weeks go get here. I emailed the seller and he said that they were not the cheap fiberglass one. I checked his ebay history and it seems he has sold a couple to the us and the customers were happy. So i will wait and see.

also I paid $150 for it.

Keep us posted on what you receive, if it is good, I might try one.:cheers:

also I paid $150 for it.

Total including shipping or was that just for the snorkel?

It was 219 total. He warned me since he was in malasia that the snorkel was going to take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive and asked if i still wanted to purchase it. So ill keep you posted when it arrives.

vic

Yeah, please do keep us posted!

It scared me just a little when I read:

"ITEMS INCLUDED : SNORKEL TOYOTA HILUX 80 SERIES"

:D

I wonder about getting a group buy on these things, if they are any good.

I emailed him yesterday, still no response....I am probably gonna pull the trigger on one soon......

I got one as well - it's a really good fit. Maybe not as clean on the inside, but it looks like the real thing and it does a good job. It is not glas fiber, I can tell you that, but I cannot tell you what it is made from. Fit is good and kit is complete. I can recommend it. Up to you, but I would not spend double the money for something that does the same. Then again, I am Dutch...

Cheers,
Niels

I see these on Alibaba.com all the time if anyone wants to do a group buy that would be the best place to do it.

Sounds like the Malaysian with shipping is ~$219.
Sierra Expeditions shipped me a Safari Snorkel for $330.

From the ebay ad:
"LINEAR LOW DENSITY POLYETHYLENE (LLDPE) IS BETTER THAN FIBERGLASS"
...Seems like Safari Snorkels are made of High Density Polyethylene, not sure though...

I got one back in January

It looks, feels, smells,and is for all purposes a very high quality reproduction of a Safari.. If you dont mind waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery.. Mine actually took 5 weeks. Then you can save about $100 Only difference I can see is that mine is missing the SAFARI logo.. ;) :meh:
It came with the template, and all mounting hardware. No instructions though.. But with instructions from MUD printed next to me install was a snap in less than 2 hours.. with lots of measuring and re-measuring, and hessitating before cutting up the cruiser !! A :banana: job! :hillbilly:
Oh.. Also the guy is slow at getting back to you on email, and won't give you a tracking number.. Made me nervous :rolleyes: But he explained it's because he ships the cheapest possible way to stay competitive with U.S. vendors ;)

sounds good, might have to look into that in the near future

It looks, feels, smells,and is for all purposes a very high quality reproduction of a Safari.. If you dont mind waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery.. Mine actually took 5 weeks. Then you can save about $100 Only difference I can see is that mine is missing the SAFARI logo.. ;) :meh:
It came with the template, and all mounting hardware. No instructions though.. But with instructions from MUD printed next to me install was a snap in less than 2 hours.. with lots of measuring and re-measuring, and hessitating before cutting up the cruiser !! A :banana: job! :hillbilly:
Oh.. Also the guy is slow at getting back to you on email, and won't give you a tracking number.. Made me nervous :rolleyes: But he explained it's because he ships the cheapest possible way to stay competitive with U.S. vendors ;)

Any chance you could take some close up pics of your setup? The pictures on ebay are not that good.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom