Ebay Lug Nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried the lug nuts offered on ebay? From the pictures they look identical, but are so cheap @ around $40 for all 20. The couple I got from the dealership were $9.00 each, and didn't seem all that high quality. Mine are in pretty bad shape and I should replace them all.

I bought my lug nuts off eBay but they were OEM. I would avoid the super cheap retailers but you still should be able to get a good deal on OEM.

As long as they are the exact same design as the stock lugs then they should be find.

$9.00, that is cheap! My dealer wants $14.75 each for new OEM lugs.

I replaced my lock nuts with 07+ tundra lugs. They worked and were cheaper. I didn't actually see them come out of the box, but the parts guy said they were from the newer tundras and sold them as tundra parts.

Personally, and I could be too overly cautious here, but I would only get OEM lug nuts. I don't even want to deal with questionable quality with aftermarket lug nuts (material, seating area, etc.). I know plenty of people get aftermarket rims on the new Tundra's, so try putting a wanted ad on craigslist or keep an eye on ebay.

I got lug nuts on ebay last year and they are holding up fine. I did have a problem finding the right ones. The seller (specialized in wheels / lug nuts) had them listed as Land Cruiser lug nuts and they were the right size but the wrong design. Had to send them back and they exchanged them for the proper design.

They were $9.52 at the dealer. I always try to have the part number before hand. The lug nuts are 90942-01103 and they came up as a part for a few applications, I saw the Tundra as one of them. I'm going to look for some OEM on ebay before I try the "OEM Type".

Just an FYI: sometimes the aftermarket or non-OEM lugnuts will not be the same wrench size. This won't be a problem if you're in the garage and have both sockets available, but it will be a problem if you're on the road somewhere and get a flat. Your OEM lug wrench won't fit, and you won't be able to change the flat tire.

I had this problem when I got the steel rims for the snowtires for my car. I had to get all new lugnuts that had a tapered seat, and all the cheaper ones I found took a 19mm wrench (OEM is 21mm). So now I just carry a small cross-wrench in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom