eBay heritage Toyota logo on 96 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inspired by @lumbee1 I bought a toyota logo from an “unknown” vehicle and started to work trimming to make it fit. The one I bought came with a pressure clip in the middle that only needed a bit of trimming to fit snug in the middle of the sombrero.

While it was pretty tight with just the one clip, I decided to add some security and used some old 4 pack plastic beer can holders to create a backing and put some screws into the other 2 screw spots.

I think it worked out pretty good but I may work the logo a little to get it to fit more snug on the ends.

D1BA9966-3A84-4F98-B9FB-ED9B42B851C6.jpeg

Looks good. Is the sombrero blacked out? I keep a sharpie in my tool box for jobs like this. ;)

Looks good. Is the sombrero blacked out? I keep a sharpie in my tool box for jobs like this. ;)
I removed the GOLD! sombrero itself- that’s just the grille itself. I’m thinking of pulling it off and wrapping/painting the whole thing at some point.

ps does anyone want a gold sombrero?

Inspired by @lumbee1 I bought a toyota logo from an “unknown” vehicle and started to work trimming to make it fit. The one I bought came with a pressure clip in the middle that only needed a bit of trimming to fit snug in the middle of the sombrero.

While it was pretty tight with just the one clip, I decided to add some security and used some old 4 pack plastic beer can holders to create a backing and put some screws into the other 2 screw spots.

I think it worked out pretty good but I may work the logo a little to get it to fit more snug on the ends.

View attachment 2636772

Looks great!
1617682694623.png

Looks like hell with the remaining plastic from the factory grille behind it if you ask me. Spend all that money on an ARB bar to make it look nice then slap a logo over top of the plastic looks half hearted to me. Get yourself a dremel and clean away all the unwanted stuff from where the sombrero was and it will look a lot cleaner. I like the retro TOYOTA grill look on 80s but not in this configuration. Just my two cents and I mean no disrespect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom