eBAY - FJDEPOT ripped me off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!
I just want you to be aware of a store in eBay called FJ_Depot.

The bottom line:
FJDepot took my money and the returned part, but did not send me the exchange part or return my money. I complained to FJ_Depot, eBay, the BBB and Pay Pal with no result.

To make a very long story short:
  • I made a mistake and bought the wrong part from them. This is 100% on me.
  • I contacted FJ_Depot and asked them to do an exchange. They agreed provided I returned the part and paid for additional shipping.
  • I agreed and shipped the part, I have the USPS receipt with tracking information that shows it has been delivered.
  • As soon as they received the part from me they started ignoring my requests for an status on the shipping of the new part. I later learned that they were playing me so time will pass and Ebay will close my return.
  • While I was waiting for FJDepot to ship the part eBay closed my return. I am so naive that I thought this meant that FJDepot finally shipped my part.
  • I waited for the part to arrive, nothing happened.
  • I tried to discuss with eBay, but being my case closed there is no way to do that. I cannot provide feedback for the vendor or contact them anymore, I am blocked.
  • I complained to the BBB, and Ebay responded that since the return is closed they could not do anything. Asked me to complain to Pay Pal and ask for a return.
  • Pay Pal closed my case 5 seconds after I submitted it, without even reading it.
  • I have all the documentation to prove every bullet stated here.
There are lots of good and reputable vendors out there. I have dealt with at least 10 other vendors and never had an issue. Why should you buy your parts form FJDepot / eBay and risk to loose your money as I did? Your decision.

Last edited:
Don
Was the part an expensive one? Hopefully not. Is the ebay seller's official name "FJ_Depot"? I didn't see a FJDepot.

Don
Was the part an expensive one? Hopefully not. Is the ebay seller's official name "FJ_Depot"? I didn't see a FJDepot.
Hi Don, On eBay they go by fj_depot. The cost is $62.68 including tax and shipping.
I know this does not seem like much, but it is a lot to pay for nothing. It is more a mater of principle. With the complicity of eBay and Pay Pal this people got my money for nothing with impunity.
I hope my loss helps others to avoid this same situation. Stay away from them ; )
Franklin

@Don Marito FJ40

Did you already help them to inform that now they are as fj_depot on the bad sellers/buyer beware list of this forum ?

@Don Marito FJ40

Did you already help them to inform that now they are as fj_depot on the bad sellers/buyer beware list of this forum ?
Hi! That is a big part of the problem, there is no way for me to communicate with them. After they received the part back from me the stoped responding to my communications and blocked me. Once eBay closed my return I couldn't even provide feedback for the vendor, no phone, email, there is no way. I even tried Facebook/Messenger, no response.

Hi! That is a big part of the problem, there is no way for me to communicate with them. After they received the part back from me the stoped responding to my communications and blocked me. Once eBay closed my return I couldn't even provide feedback for the vendor, no phone, email, there is no way. I even tried Facebook/Messenger, no response.

You can not communicate with them through the articles they still have for sale on Ebay? like 400+ questions to seller?

You can not communicate with them through the articles they still have for sale on Ebay? like 400+ questions to seller?
Well, that did not occur to me. I will try that. My forecast is that they are just going to ignore me as the have been doing so far or get me banned from eBay, which doesn't matter at this point as I don't buy my parts there anymore.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Food for thought….when buying from unknown people online ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use your credit card even when going thru PAYPAL. Sure it costs a little bit more but if anything goes wrong you dispute it with your credit card company first and they refund you the money. You don’t even have to use PayPal’s dispute resolution. If you do a EFT from your bank account to save money you only have PayPal’s insurance/dispute resolution. Which may or may not get your the end result you want.

for this reason I do not use ebay at all anymore. They always side with the seller and if you do have a dispute ebay revokes your ability to leave feedback or communicate with the seller. I got screwed on 2 transactions last year and my credit card was the only recourse I had - which was successful and easier than even trying to contact ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom