Ebay cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Normally I wouldn't post a thread for an ebay cruiser but currently at over $8000 this one has me scratchin my head. Mainly the paint job, everything was painted over, EVERYTHING. The hard top doesn't sit right and the spray in liner looks suspicious. Other things as well.

Sorry sap who pays 8k for this truck. :frown:

IMO this should be a poster cruiser as an example of what to look out for for those newbs who are always askin "what's it worth". Not too uncommon to see a cruiser in this condition, but 8k, Cmon.

Ebay Cruiser

Oh and the auction's 6 days old so if it's a repost I missed it. :D

The hood and windshield holddowns were painted body color originally on early models. He missed painting the rear bolts and the tire carrier though. The inner latches and window regulator were not always painted OEM, but I've seen it before.

What's wrong with how the top sits?

The line-x (or whatever brand) bedliner is dirty. It's hard to keep clean.

Not what I'd do but a pretty nice looking old cruiser. In many ways a twin to my red '64.

Never seen the chrome door handles painted before.

Love the "sheen" in the paint.

Not to mention the window cranks!

edit: I also have to say that those round rear wheel wells are curious.

Last edited:
honk said:
The hood and windshield holddowns were painted body color originally on early models. He missed painting the rear bolts and the tire carrier though. The inner latches and window regulator were not always painted OEM, but I've seen it before.

What's wrong with how the top sits?

The line-x (or whatever brand) bedliner is dirty. It's hard to keep clean.

Not what I'd do but a pretty nice looking old cruiser. In many ways a twin to my red '64.

I think there's a difference between painting all the parts like OEM and just spraying over everything because you're too lazy to mask or disassemble it.

The top on the Dside has about a 1 inch gap as shown in this pic. But at least he scraped the paint off of the door striker (he forgot the screws though).

I mean, with all the new parts that he has listed, and the overall condition of it, it might be worth some, but the paint kills it. :frown:
eb_3.jpg

Nice window felt and rubber in that pic, too. Sheesh, lotta cash for that.

Ed

It's has two ways to shift. Tree and floor shifter. cool.

To bad, I've been out bid! Rats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom