eatSleepWoof's 2019 Erwin Hymer Touring GT550 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another weekend out!

Getting here was ~2.5 hrs of driving over mountains and very, very twisty roads. Trailer tracked wonderfully with zero sway. Raising it, extending the tongue and adding tongue weight did the trick. Also note the upgrade to two 30lb propane tanks!

RBSu34V.jpg

dG9Ws6Q.jpg

JnENU7S.jpg

SkkieZ8.jpg

kfqmhWz.jpg

EjL9i5N.jpg

0uIsWNl.jpg

iJQWdGX.jpg

4nVav0F.jpg

Made a few more modifications recently...

Built this box to organize loose items that were previously bouncing around (and in some cases, spilling) in the drawers:

AXgJIC3.jpg

Bolted through the original wall into a pair of t-nuts:

WpZwUhE.jpg

Works awesome for organizing all the essentials:

uKR9h3R.jpg

And installed four, 7500lb stabilizers (one in each corner). These can be used to level the trailer, have at least double the reach of the original ones, and don't require me to crawl around on the ground. The rear two are bolted through the original c-channel, and the front two are bolted into stainless rivnuts that I installed in the a-frame addition.

8N5wzf7.jpg

cHGRPlF.jpg

nice! You may want to keep an eye on those rivnuts, the jacks could be subjected to a good bit of torque if the ground is not level.

Had a snowtastic couple days.

GdwUZTG.jpg

aPbSwaX.jpg

Yoyo22t.jpg

WRHefpU.jpg

A lil berm to back a trailer over :D

XxQC1rv.jpg

Cap'n snowbeard had no patience for photos!

IUV4ByQ.jpg

img

Trailer is now lifted!

The lowest point is the grey water dump valve, which previously sat at 4 1/2" of clearance; there is now 9 3/4" under the same valve, and the trailer still easily fits into my 8' garage door.

h4JBG7s.jpg

j0FTSJR.jpg

All of the custom metal parts are at the powdercoater, and I hope to have them back early next week.

My wife and I have purchased a 2018 with axle problems. The dealer which sold the rv says it will cost $3000 USA in order to replace the axle. My question is: is the rv worth all the issues?

My wife and I have purchased a 2018 with axle problems. The dealer which sold the rv says it will cost $3000 USA in order to replace the axle. My question is: is the rv worth all the issues?
First, the dealer is trying to rip you off. If I remember correctly, the axle/lift work was around $1400 CAD or so. You can likely get it done for $1000 in the US.

Don't go to a dealer, but rather go to a trailer axle/brake shop, show them photos of my trailer in this thread, and ask them to quote the same thing.

As for whether the Hymer is "worth it" - that's a very personal question. It has many upsides over other options on the market, and there are times that I regret selling mine. It was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a good little trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom