Eaton Elocker4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had Eaton E-lockers installed in both diffs last week (with 4.88s). Doing break in now. I'll let you know after my next trim in 2 weeks how they perform. While ATRAC is hugely beneficial over a 100 without it, the system does have its limitations. I've reached them, time to upgrade.

Stock pinion on my 99 was a 2 pinion...which has been known to fail. The Harrop has a 4 pinion.

i just googled it. I now see everyone in the 100 section refers to their spider gears as "pinions"

I had Eaton E-lockers installed in both diffs last week (with 4.88s). Doing break in now. I'll let you know after my next trim in 2 weeks how they perform. While ATRAC is hugely beneficial over a 100 without it, the system does have its limitations. I've reached them, time to upgrade.
Eaton's or Harrop/Eaton? Curious who did the install?

Eaton's or Harrop/Eaton? Curious who did the install?

Harrop/Eatons. Unless I misunderstood some of the reading prior to purchase, one brand was purchased or licensed by the other? So now any new parts coming out will use the design from one, but will be manufactured/marketed by the other? Something to that effect.

Ryan @Wermz did the install. We're doing fluid change after the break-in this evening.

Last edited:
I dont know Ryan- I’ll check back in when I get ready to do my front.

Have fun pumping gear oil- Ive yet to find a hand pump that can manage 85/140 efficiently

I dont know Ryan- I’ll check back in when I get ready to do my front.

Have fun pumping gear oil- Ive yet to find a hand pump that can manage 85/140 efficiently

Hennessey has these sweet pump guns that look like the hand-held soda dispensers that bartenders use. Computerized and everything. Gonna be the easiest fluid change I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I bought mine from Nitro
Nitro or Just Differentials? I didn't think Nitro carried "Harrop" E-lockers. I'm asking specifically because while the design difference between the two is virtually the same. The Harrop is an imported licensed by Eaton made in Australia product and the Eaton E-locker sold by JT is domestically produced & sourced.

So what would a rear Eaton-Elocker for my 2000 LX470 run me installed? I live in Colorado

We have seen 100 Series owners put the Harrop/Eaton up front for two reasons - more traction, of course, but also a stronger pinion set up than OEM.

My partner Georg Esterer did this a few years ago and has been happy with results. Shoot him a pm at orangefj45 for details :)

It makes it a nice upgrade for a 99 model with a two pinion setup. I can say that being able to switch on the front eLocker independently is a lot of fun.

I will eventually replace the rear LSD with another Harrop eLocker.

1599776728756.png

1599776663217.png

Nitro or Just Differentials? I didn't think Nitro carried "Harrop" E-lockers. I'm asking specifically because while the design difference between the two is virtually the same. The Harrop is an imported licensed by Eaton made in Australia product and the Eaton E-locker sold by JT is domestically produced & sourced.

Good questions.. I didn't order online, I just called them and had an invoice set up. When I spoke to Mik, I got the impression that Harrop/Eaton were essentially interchangable, so I'd assumed the brands here stateside were one-and-the-same. I just double checked my receipt and literature, and they only say "Eaton". So, maybe not actually "Harrops".

And, I guess I technically ordered through Just Differentials. I think I called Nitro, and Mik from JD/JT's picked up.

Last edited:
Cool thx 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom