Easy fix - heater blower resistor 24V HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My heater blower was not running at all anymore, except at the highest speed. So it had to be the heater blower resistor.

It indeed was the resistor, completely in pieces (somewhat extra destroyed due to my resistance measurements):

A new TOYOTA resistor can't be found anymore, so my solution was replacing the coils with new resistors. Although seemingly after-market can be found at approx. €65,-.

I measured the resistance for each coil as good as possible, which gave me me approximate ohms for the replacement resistors.
I used the letters on the back for reference so I could replace them at the right spot.

And below the diagram (NOTE: the ohms are estimates by measuring as good as possible over the damaged coils):

Last edited:
Cool fix.

But to correct one bit of information, the blower/resistor in 24v flavor is still available from Toyota as a DENSO part. ;)

Great work here.

Resistance L -> M (5 ohm) was a correct measurement, because the coil was still intact (although I have replaced it).
Resistance M -> H (4 ohm) was a broken coil, but measurement is more or less correct, because I could add up both parts of the broken coil.
Resistance H -> EH (10 ohm) was difficult due to severe damage; I could only measure 1.5 coil and had to extrapolate it to a complete coil of about 14 windings

If other people will also replace their coils, could you also measure your intact coils and reply those measurements under this thread. In this way we will be sure about the correct replacements for future repairs.

The heater blower is working correct now in all the positions, but the lowest setting could give a little bit more airflow; therefore I guess the resistor H -> EH could have been a little less (about 7-8 ohm). Although for now I will leave it like this, because it is working good enough.

I have used 10W replacement resistors and with values closest to my measurements I could find (4.7 ohm, 3.7 ohm and 10.0 ohm respectively).

Last edited:
And below after soldering the parts together:

And when putting everything back in place, separate the resistors as far a possible so the airflow in the compartment can cool each resistor as good as possible (they will get hot):

Last edited:
Cool fix.

But to correct one bit of information, the blower/resistor in 24v flavor is still available from Toyota as a DENSO part. ;)

Great work here.

I did some searching on the internet and I think I found it under number 87138-90A00 as a DENSO part.

Advantage: my replacement parts were only $6,- total and gave extra fun in repairing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom