East Tn Noobie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!
I'm just starting my journey into this world of FJ 60-62. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed by the friendliness, willingness to help and all the expertise and advice that is available on this site. I'm beginning to read and learn all that I can. When I find what I think will work for me, I'll be sure and chime in for help and advice. I live in east TN. I've been playing with street rods for yrs before I moved here from California and I wanted to try something different. Looking forward to discussion and help. Thanks!

Hi!
I'm just starting my journey into this world of FJ 60-62. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed by the friendliness, willingness to help and all the expertise and advice that is available on this site. I'm beginning to read and learn all that I can. When I find what I think will work for me, I'll be sure and chime in for help and advice. I live in east TN. I've been playing with street rods for yrs before I moved here from California and I wanted to try something different. Looking forward to discussion and help. Thanks!
Howdy, I'm still a relative newbie here, but I'll offer my welcome anyway!

I bought my truck long before I found this site... I sure do wish I had found it first! The advice here, especially about what to look for (read: problems), potential problems, and future problems would have saved me a lot of time and money (and I managed to find a clean and well-looked after truck). Do a bit of poking around here, and you'll find a number of threads where posters have asked "should I buy this truck?", and then read what long-time members here pointed out. Eye-opening and very helpful stuff.

If you do decide to make the leap, be sure to baseline your truck, and, it can never hurt to add a transmission cooler.

I've spent the better part of seven years doing a mechanical restoration of my truck, and it runs like a top. I've got body work to do when the weather gets reliably warm. The plan had been to pay a shop to cut out rust and weld in Wolf Steel panels... but, that's out of the question now... just too spendy. Going to learn to weld myself and apply some other body tricks that members here have shared.

Good Luck!

O.N.

Welcome. If you’ve been lurking hopefully you’ve read the FAQ for money/headache saving tips when buying one of these rigs.
If you have questions you may as well post them in this thread for advice. All you will owe us is pics of your ride when you buy!

Howdy, I'm still a relative newbie here, but I'll offer my welcome anyway!

I bought my truck long before I found this site... I sure do wish I had found it first! The advice here, especially about what to look for (read: problems), potential problems, and future problems would have saved me a lot of time and money (and I managed to find a clean and well-looked after truck). Do a bit of poking around here, and you'll find a number of threads where posters have asked "should I buy this truck?", and then read what long-time members here pointed out. Eye-opening and very helpful stuff.

If you do decide to make the leap, be sure to baseline your truck, and, it can never hurt to add a transmission cooler.

I've spent the better part of seven years doing a mechanical restoration of my truck, and it runs like a top. I've got body work to do when the weather gets reliably warm. The plan had been to pay a shop to cut out rust and weld in Wolf Steel panels... but, that's out of the question now... just too spendy. Going to learn to weld myself and apply some other body tricks that members here have shared.

Good Luck!

O.N.
Thanks, Sound advice!

Welcome. If you’ve been lurking hopefully you’ve read the FAQ for money/headache saving tips when buying one of these rigs.
If you have questions you may as well post them in this thread for advice. All you will owe us is pics of your ride when you buy!
I've been reading everything I can and trying to learn from peoples prior experiences. This is going to be a totally different world than the street rod world I'm used to , but looking forward to learning new things and hopefully making new friends along the way!

welcome aboard this ship of fools we call mud. what? a week n a half since you joined n no one's given you the official welcome :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
may i suggest checking out the club house section, it might help find some mud members close/closeish to you

seems like there are quite a few street/hot rod members on here and who does not like speed. your gas mileage will be similar but how fast you get there will be drastically different. my 83 fj60 was not planned at all and had no idea of the of how sought after they are today. i was lucky with a $1,400 purchase from a friend of my father who began to have too many toys per the significant other. lots of work ahead if i decide to go that route or just drive it like it is and get only half of the head turns. hope you find what you are looking for to suite your desires. and yes, this is one of the best sites out their!!! one more thing, start looking into metric tools if you do not have already as they will be needed. i compare these old dinosaurs to a BOAT--no matter new or new to you--be ready to "bust out another thousand"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom