SOLD East TN 1997 FZJ 80 Locked 108k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series

To make more concise with only one listing, included is the Craigslist ad.

I don’t have many complaints for this truck, sounds like it has some fun history With many followers!

To be clear, I bought the truck to build, not to flip and will build this one along with the other, if no one else in interested in the project. I prefer to sell to a mud member, so I am will include here for the few buyers and many LC sales data collectors.

I have clear title in my name.

Last edited:
For fun and some insight into my vision for the truck, here are the build plans:

3” Lift, maybe Dobinson’s Flexi progressives? (I want to try something newer to market for comparison) I have Slee, FOR, and have had several iterations of OME).

BFGoodrich 315’s with recoated wheels in a darker color

Repaint the roof and Remove any paint imperfections.

Replace the leather with the Mosley Motors darker brown kit, not that this is necessary, I just like the color/kit.

Slee Slider steps.

Few misc fun mods, because we like mods.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
The guy you bought it from paid $2500.00 for it. That is not a typo. Some doctors wife in Salisbury Maryland used the Craigslist estimator tool to originally list it at $3000.00 Talked to him for a week about it. Lowest I could get him down to was $14,000.00. He had the hood and hatch painted . The guy flips cars for a living. What did you pay for it ? I tried to put in a link to the Craigslist ad, but it won't take. He sold it on Ebay, but the buyer "backed out". 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 | eBay

Last edited:
$18,500?

0*JSFtXwT2WFfwhlVH.jpg

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, I didn't get at that $2500 buy, however it is a great story I will file where I keep the one about the lady that advertised the 67' Chevy for $500 that turned out to be a tri power Vette her son left behind when he didn't return from war or the Current year BMW the scorned wife sold for $1000 when her husband ran off with his secretary.

As far as my sale, I am will pass along for what I have in the truck or likely loose some money considering shipping, taxes, registration, time etc. If I pursue building a different one. I don't depend on my Cruiser fascination as a means of income, just a hobby.

Maybe you should have taken advantage at the $14k opportunity, there are typically 3 reasons why those don't happen!

Stay safe and Good luck!

Last edited:
More fun updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom