Easiest way to tell if there is a lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the battery fixed the issue I was having. So I washed the truck getting it ready to be used. To me the truck is taller than I remember from my childhood 85 4runner.

Any easy way to tell?

56e7358b.jpg

Well it has some lift because the rear shackles aren't stock. I can't see the front suspension but it probably has the torsion bars cranked all the way up. It gives you lift but makes it ride like s***.

The rear shackles I think look home fabbed. I'll snap a Photo tomorrow maybe. The truck doesn't ride that terrible but it has a bad squeak on bumps and it looks like the front passenger tire is off camber, like it is leaning in toward the truck a little. Of course that tire shows abnormal wear compared to the driver's side.

The rear shackles I think look home fabbed. I'll snap a Photo tomorrow maybe. The truck doesn't ride that terrible but it has a bad squeak on bumps and it looks like the front passenger tire is off camber, like it is leaning in toward the truck a little. Of course that tire shows abnormal wear compared to the driver's side.

Definitely cranked up torsion bars. If you want to keep it at the ride height I'd get a ball joint spacer lift instead. Its pretty cheap and corrects all that.

Any suggestions for a straight forward ball joint spacer lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom