easier way to remove window weather striping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am working on replacing the front vent windows and their rubber weather stripping on my 70. The old stuff is falling apart, but not before it refuses to come out of the window frame. I've been basically wedging screwdrivers (carefully) between the rubber and the frame and prying it out, but is there an easier way? Am I making this more difficult than it should be or does this job generally suck?

Not sure what type of weather stripping exists on the front vent windows but I just pulled all my window seals from a different model year. Be aggressive. I ran a box cutter deep into the weather strip between the glass and the metal then tore off the excess. This allowed me to press the glass out and peel/cut the weather stripping off it. Then I cleaned up the mess with some noxious paint prep. This method worked great.

This is a picture of my hack job first attempt and it was a mess because I was picking at it. Just be aggressive with it and it goes quickly.

E8360C3C-E5F0-4895-934B-7ABE14C29E57.jpeg
BA48408E-A7DD-4AE1-8B8B-DB0AD3B2F9D2.jpeg

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for. No magic trick, just go cave man and hope you don't have to do it for another 50 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom