early windshield frame on e-bay... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65 and older windshield frame, cause the 66s didn't have the bottom vent, and they had the three screw hooks for the dashboard latches.

Got to be worth something just for the rear view mirror! :D

Hey, yeah, that mirror looks like a VERY early mirror. Certainly not 67.

Hi All:

I was wondering about that . . . . . the vent and type of wiper motors . . . . . .

Thanks for the clarification!

Alan
Seattle

The mirror is a 64 or 65 not the for a early early 40s or the 25s. Looks like it had the hook for the latch on the dash not the bolt on type of the 63 and older. I thought maybe might have been a 45 thing, like the drum brakes after Toyota when to disk brakes. With the latches for the top hold I'm sure this is for a 45 pickup. I always wondered why Toyota didn't use these latches on the early 40 hard tops. At some point I plan on up dating my 45 from the cowl forward to 78 and later parts. Probably put the windshield with the latches off of the 45 on a early 40 hard top. Since Toyota advertised the early 40 as being able to drive all day at 80 miles a hour, I don't want the top to fly off while running down the freeway. :rolleyes:

John

Last edited:
Living in the Past said:
Since Toyota advertised the early 40 as being able to drive all day at 80 miles a hour, I don't want the top to fly running down the freeway. :rolleyes:

John

What, you mean your's doesn't? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom