Wanted Early round turn signal lenses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
After searching online, it appears to replace my faded and fracked signal lenses, I have to order complete replacement lights. Unfortunately, these particular signals came from a recently deceased friend so they have sentimental value. He also drove his 40 off the show room floor in the early 60s and drove it daily until a few weeks before he died. Anyone have a parts rig that has any lenses that aren't cracked and still show their original color?
Dan

After searching online, it appears to replace my faded and fracked signal lenses, I have to order complete replacement lights. Unfortunately, these particular signals came from a recently deceased friend so they have sentimental value. He also drove his 40 off the show room floor in the early 60s and drove it daily until a few weeks before he died. Anyone have a parts rig that has any lenses that aren't cracked and still show their original color?
Dan

Does the early sixties mean 63 to early 69? If it is you can probably buy the lens or whole turn signal from the dealer. Just need to have the part numbers for them. Before just buying the lenses I would remove the lenses and check the gaskets. Good chance they are dry rotted. In that case maybe buy new turn signals and use the parts on the current turn signal which I'm guessing besides sentimental value have a patina you hate to lose. If it's a 61/62 good luck finding lenses for those. Been hunting them for years.

Depending on how early, the part number might be 81510-60140 (1970 and earlier) Its the same part number for both sides. Retail 62.67 each. Dealer Cost 37.67 each. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the part number. I will need the seals too. Off to the dealership. I could by replacements units for $40 something but the sentimental value for me is too high.

I bought new lights. Removed lens and seals then sold the new casing ect...

Dan

The seals are obsolete; you'd have to buy complete housings to get them. I will gladly donate a pair of used round lenses to your cause if you want them. Karma runs strong between us.;)

Will these work?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Mark! Long time... Thank you. My friend will be smiling up there. PM sent.

Lenses are on the way Dan. Pay it forward.

Got them last night. Thank you kindly Mark. I will pay forward. My friends widow saw them last night and was very happy to see them looking so good. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom