For Sale Early Light Switch Knob OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hyhpe

SILVER Star
Threads
50.00 plus shipping. Set screw not included.

87E880C3-0208-4A5A-8633-1C9FCF9E1D52.jpeg

A9699939-DAF3-4AA8-847F-C2D2D6C4ACEB.jpeg

Never seen an OEM knob with the vertical white stripe.
? From my ‘63 (sorry for the crap pic). Wipers vertical too, just points down instead of up 😂.
FDFF832F-9876-4AC7-B61B-756213537C31.jpeg

Well, I should have known, don’t question Obi Wan John (@pardion) on things like this 😂. Here are pics from the ‘58-‘67 user’s manual and as shown these knobs don’t have the vertical stripe.
IMG_4305.jpg
IMG_4306.jpg

Somewhere (over the rainbow) at some point in time someone filled in that center vertical rib with white something during a restoration and all of us hacks followed suit! I’m leaving mine as is, just to be defiant 😈.

And @hype I think $50 is still a fair price. Bump! 😊

Well, I should have known, don’t question Obi Wan John (@pardion) on things like this 😂. Here are pics from the ‘58-‘67 user’s manual and as shown these knobs don’t have the vertical stripe.
View attachment 3260648View attachment 3260647

Somewhere (over the rainbow) at some point in time someone filled in that center vertical rib with white something during a restoration and all of us hacks followed suit! I’m leaving mine as is, just to be defiant 😈.
Good info. Thank you. I like the white strip.

I like the white stripe too. I will join the white stripe club the next time I paint my knobs.

GLWS

The inaugural meeting of the Early Light Switch White Stripe Police with be held next week. See announcements in the FJ25 and FJ45 sections.

Draft agenda

* Joining forces with the Bezel Police; Pros and cons?
* Subtask force on early knobs not being vertical in the dash.
* Retroactive searches across MUD to admonish those who have gotten away with this until the trend was finally called out. What to do about Mark?
* Honoring ceremony for @pardion.
* Registry of vehicles that got it right.
* Subtask force on solvents to remove commonly used white paints for the center stripe.
* Drafting of a "No harm, no foul" rule should a PO have made this error.
* Guidelines for the duration of the grace period to correct PO abominations.
* An ELSWSP logo.
* Other concerns?

Good day.

Last edited:
Post script. I recall some excellent early knob reproductions by @thecrazygreek and as I recall he intentionly incorporated the verticle center stripe to distinguish his product from originals. A nice touch.
IMG_20200507_140551_509.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom