Early Lift Gate Weatherstripping Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to adhere OEM weatherstripping to rear lift gate. I noticed that the weatherstripping is not symmetrical in that one of the long sides is much narrower than the other. My thinking is that this narrow section goes on the bottom where the lift gate meets the top of the barn doors. But I sure would like to verify this before I glue everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

thin side at the bottom.
and fyi, with the 3m super black and oe weather strip, there is no do overs. if the adhesive is applied per the instructions it bonds instantly, with enough of a bond that the weather strip will tear before the glue looses its grip. so be sure you're putting the weather strip where you want it to be when jesus comes back.

thin side at the bottom.
and fyi, with the 3m super black and oe weather strip, there is no do overs. if the adhesive is applied per the instructions it bonds instantly, with enough of a bond that the weather strip will tear before the glue looses its grip. so be sure you're putting the weather strip where you want it to be when jesus comes back.
Thanks, Brian. I really appreciate the confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom