For Sale Early-ish 40 series parts. Prices dropped on unsold items. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, Everything available unless noted or someone has recently spoken for it above you. Just updated the prices in the thread to reflect where I'm currently at. I think I dropped that License plate bracket $10 from $50 now to $40. Let me know in the thread if you want it and I'll put your name on it and PM you my PayPal address.

Thanks, I'll take it ...

Geri ,

Your Photos , & Presentation along with the addition one the Digital boxes , numbers editing is OFF ThE HOOK !

like @Bear pointed out earlier im giving it a A+ , if only everyone else including myself could keep up ..........

Just checking in here. I'll third what Mike and Matt said. And I enjoy the extra touch of provenance on how you came to acquire and/or part with the things. I'm a sucker for a good story.;) GLWS

@Bear @RAGINGMATT @65swb45 Thanks for the kind words. I actually got the idea from another mudder. It doesn't have to happen "high tech" like I did by combining photos & numbers in photoshop. This thread: For Sale - Early 40 series parts (mostly)! FJ40 Guru just laid out a big piece of cardboard and wrote numbers with a sharpie, simple yet very effective. My day job is as a Sr. Art Director so I just did it all digitally. I think too much about how to improve these types of interactions. (I've already identified a list of things I could do better next time I post a for sale.)

Geri,

The positive comments you received are twofold in intent: first for your time and organization, but also to spur others to better consider their task at hand. All too often, guys throw up a jumbled list of old parts, a scrambled photo of them, no prices, no identification, fuzzy photo. Then without any statement on how to respond, they receive private messages, emails, and vague postings on the thread. Guys start jumping all over one another, some promising to buy no-matter-what, others based on a yet-to-come photo, some need wives' permission or a way to find the funds first, some describing parts way incorrectly. Then sellers often never indicate just what has sold, is pending, is still available. We have people writing messages to the seller 10 years later hoping an item is still around since no conclusion was ever said.

Yours is one of the first to post items in a clear easily-understood manner. Yes, on a piece of cardboard with numbers/prices is equally helpful.

It would be nice if we all had a written understanding on sales procedure and etiquette, that there was an order of preference given to those who post-up first, second, third, etc. an interest in clearly buying a specific item, that emails and private messages are not helpful to other buyers, that bidding wars for unpriced items are not part of this community. Some people are gentlemen (and ladies), yet some are boors; some are thoughtful about selling, some very shabby.

So thanks to you for your approach from someone who appreciates the efforts you put in.

MS

Let me assist you in clearing out the clutter.......Interested in 6, 7, 16, if still available.......hoping for a bundle deal shipped to 53406 ;) ;)

Got my parts, packed amazingly well! Hats off to you!
No stress. I worked at FedEx in college. I have seen some S#*%. :)
I didn't want you to go through all that effort, just to have a shipping company break it before you get your door sorted.
Hope everything works for you. It's been raining pretty much every day in Utah for like the last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom