For Sale Early-ish 40 series parts. Prices dropped on unsold items. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
brettsmithdesign.com
To get in line: POST IN THIS THREAD with the # of the item(s) you want. I won’t go back and forth to my PMs to figure out the order. Feel free to PM me, but post here first to get your name on anything you want. I think we can all agree it is annoying to go into a part-out post or multiple-parts-for-sale post and everything you ask for was sold. Sorry sold. That was sold. No longer available. So-and-so is ahead of you. He PM’d me. Pending payment…. Etc…
I’ll mark things “Pending Payment” if they are spoken for, and “sold” when payment is made, and “sold/shipped” when…. You guessed it—when it ships.

Shipping: I’m down to ship any of this stuff unless noted. You pay actual shipping costs. Shipping from 84102 area code. I can ship whatever method you desire. I can get dimensions and weights too, but I’m already boxing it up and driving it to the carriers. You don’t even have to leave your computer to do some shipping rate research. I should be able to ship out during lunches most days, but if things get crazy at work, I will commit to shipping on Fridays at the latest.

Payment: I’ll PM you my PayPal info. You can send it “friends and family” if you trust me. If not, check “goods and services” and I’ll pick up the PayPal fees and then you’re covered should I turn out to be a loser. J I also have Venmo and Square Cash apps. They are less protected, but easier. (I figure if one end doesn’t keep up the bargain we will end up in the “Beware of mudder ______” section. Should be enough motivation to stay honest.)

Pricing: I’ve bought (and searched for) a ton of parts in the last 5 years, but I’m no expert. Feel free to let me know in the comments if I’m too high on a price. I’m not trying to get rich, just cleaning out the garage. And if I’m way too low on something, keep your damn mouth shut. Don’t ruin a good deal for another mudder. LOL. Feel free to make me an offer. Do it in the thread or it won’t dibs it if/when I lower the price.

Overspray: Most parts that came off my truck will have some overspray. Sometimes I don’t think previous owner sprayed anything, just sloshed the paint straight from the bucket, no tape. You’re bound to get a little extra white paint. I don’t charge extra for it.

Better pics: If you want more/better/specific pics of anything let me know.

Vintage of parts: I’m doing my best with what God has given me. Be aware I was wrong at least one time in the past. It could happen again.

1. SOLD/Shipped—Transfer Case dust boot, 3 speed, ’72 and earlier. OEM New in package. The first part I bought the day I brought her home. It was a cheap lesson in getting the parts/years sorted (although it wasn’t the last mistake like that). $22.50 from Cruiser Outfitters. $10.00 from me. Watch out Kurt, this could be the start of a competing business. Ha!

2. SOLD/Shipped —Rearview mirror, ’74 and earlier. Aftermarket/plastic. New but might be a little dirty from sitting in my “extra parts bin” $20 from CCOT. $5.00 from me.

3. SOLD/Shipped —Apron Shims with clips, All years? OEM. Still soft. *$FREE with any purchase (1 free item per purchased item)

4. SOLD/Shipped—Ashtray (no insert) ’74 and earlier? OEM. Chrome flaking. Surface rust. Minimal pitting. $FREE with any purchase (1 free item per purchased item)

5. Pending/AlohaJen—Fiberglass roof with gutter and upper door channels. Free aftermarket fresh air hole. Some rust through at passenger rear corner. The rest of the steel seems solid. The previous owner did not understand rivets. See pics for details. Overall very serviceable. I just got a hole in another top patched and know what this one would take to freshen up, priced to reflect that. Local pick up only unless you do the leg work (mudship?) and I can just drop it somewhere between Salt Lake City and Ogden Utah and wash my hands of it.

6. SOLD/Shipped $15—Hood hinges. All years. OEM. Could benefit from new bushings. These are $41.50 each new. Used from me $15 for both.

7. SOLD/Shipped $10—Hood and windshield latches. Not sure years. Complete your “patina” look :) $10 for all 4.

8. SOLD/Shipped —License plate bracket. OEM ’75 and later. Has all the surface rust it can hold. Not pitted that I can tell. I just stripped it a year ago and it got kicked under my toolbox. It won’t work with the tailgate I purchased, or I would have just stripped it again (this time with primer). The little capture nuts are stuck (won’t slide back and forth in the channel) Bracket is solid. I’m having a hard time with pricing. FleaBay wants $95 for their cheapest one right now that seems similarly rough. How ‘bout $40 and I’ll throw in the top caps (one needs to be drilled/tapped)

9. SOLD/Shipped—Lower dash pads. OEM. from a ’74. These are “well-loved”. Some cracking. Some posts missing. One is cut on one end WTF? *$FREE with purchase (1 free item per purchased item)

10. SOLD/Shipped—Marker lights. All 4 (2 front, 2 rear). OEM? These are like $30 new and $40 used on Ebay See the value of patina? They worked when I pulled them. All 4 pieces as-is $10

11. SOLD/Shipped—Rearview mirror arm and mounting bracket (no head). These are still available new at $61.50 (I recently purchased at Cruiser Outfitters). $10 for both.

12. SOLD/Shipped —Front seat rear mounting brackets/risers. Short and Tall(er). Looks like the previous owner had a husky navigator? The capture nuts on the tall brackets look to be pushed down and then a plate welded to the top with a hole tapped, off-center for extra flavor. Other than the reinforcement, these are solid with some surface rust. $10 for all 4.

13. SOLD/Shipped—Spare tire swingout inner mounting bracket. OEM. Some rust and pitting on the underside. I cut the spot welds from the rear quarter. I was going to remount on the inside of my fresh buns of steel but I’m not going full-resto so I fabbed up a more burly inner bracket to hold a larger tire. I’ve personally never seen one for sale before. $20?

14. EDIT: Pot metal bracket broke during packaging. No longer for sale.—Sun visor. Special (very special) edition black. Looks like someone found another blade and attached it to an OEM arm. Updated photo:
15. SOLD/Shipped —Barn Doors that wanted to be a tailgate (with hinges). OEM ’74 and earlier. Previous owner did a poor man’s job on his barn doors to make a single long door tailgate thing. When I got it, there were only hinges on one side. Doors would need to be cut apart and tapped where he welded in the capture nuts. (I’ll throw in a free home depot fence gate “retainer pin” like Specter sells for $120 P/N 133-08A-A !!!) The doors are solid otherwise (a few randomly drilled holes). The edges are all in pretty amazing shape. Small dent where the spare swing out bumper hits. Hinges all work. One is stiff but moveable with a finger, the others swing freely without help. $300 for all. Want to sell hinges with doors if possible.

16. SOLD/Shipped $50—Spare tire carrier hinges. That's right, 3 of them. One extra so you have a spare for the spare holder. They all move freely (some stiffer than others) Two have a finished top on the pin rather than the castle nut. I didn’t notice until today or I might have mounted those. Thought it was a cool detail. I’m struggling to price these as well. Ebay has a set for $150 and a single for $150. I can’t find them on cruiserparts.net, Marksoffroad doesn’t list a price (Although I’m sure Mark has them, that guy has everything except FST chains J). $50 for all 3.

17. SOLD/Shipped—Toyota front grill emblem. This piece is branded “Toyota”, so I suspect it is a Toyota part, could be for a Toyota vehicle of some sort? The PO “refreshed” it by drizzling some of that famous white paint in the letters. It’s not tidy, but… it’s not tidy. Part of me wants to keep this as a memento of where I was when I got her, but I’m not sentimental about objects. $10.

18. Moved to new for sale thread—Windshield to cowl gasket. OEM. Some overspray but should clean up. Very slight cracking but still soft and pliable, no tears. I bought all new rubber from Kurt and spent $245.50 on this piece. Own a piece of history. (I want this whole box of leftover parts to be history).

19. SOLD/Shipped—Vent window access caps. OEM. ’74 and earlier. These came out of my ½ door panels. Tweeters are going back in. Both are old and somewhat brittle. One has some broken tabs. Both have some sweet “upgraded” paint (probably rattle can). $5 for both.

20. SOLD/Shipped —Window frames. OEM ’74 and earlier. These also came out of my ½ doors. (sorry East coast guys struggling to find sheet metal that isn’t “lacey” I know cutting doors is a slap in your face.) I bought the doors from an old hippy guy in Idaho that forgot he had the doors for like 10 years. He ran out of weed money, so it worked out for both of us. These are both in good shape. Only one area of concern on the black one there is a single crack in the frame. Seems very serviceable to me. I might have the vent windows for sale later. Full doors are in paint and when they get out, I want to make sure I use the best parts I have. The second-best parts will be for sale. These frames are selling on eBay regularly for $150 each. $100 for both.

Last edited:
21. SOLD—Window regulators. OEM ’74 and earlier. Is it stuffy in here? $50 for both.

22. Moved to new for sale thread—3 ½ windshield hinges. Three ’74 and earlier, 1/2 ’75 and later. These all work like a jeep off-pavement (super stuck :rofl:). We hit them with a BFH. We heated one until the paint blistered off. We talked pretty to them. Nothing. Would need to cut the pins and/or press/drill out. All 3 ½ for $50. If you buy them, I’m also happy to throw the ½ piece in the recycle bin to save on shipping costs for you just LMK.

23. SOLD/Shipped—Windshield hood bumpers. New in package. ’71-’75?. I have no idea where these came from. I was going through my parts bin and found that I had 2 sets. I don’t remember buying either set. Probably a $30 CCOT reproduction set (It was my go-to online source in the beginning). $10.

24. GONE/Tossed in the recycle bin. Home brew rear bumper. Could be cool. Was made out of an air tank (has hose hook ups) probably for airing up tires after a day in Moab. Don’t know if it holds air, don’t care. This is REALLY heavy, again I don’t want to ship but I’ll help someone load it in the back of a truck and give them a high-five. FREE to whomever wants to pick it up or meet me Ogden and downtown SLC.

Last edited:
Everything is boxed up. PayPal info sent out.
Full transparency for the entire thread: The pot metal bracket on the Sun Visor broke when I was folding the blade around the arm to fit it in the box I've already messaged Mondo727, but it just feels shady not to announce it. I'm not trying to scam anyone with junk parts. If any one has any unforeseen issues with the parts they get, let me know and I'll make it right with you.

Is 8 still available? Price now?
Yes, Everything available unless noted or someone has recently spoken for it above you. Just updated the prices in the thread to reflect where I'm currently at. I think I dropped that License plate bracket $10 from $50 now to $40. Let me know in the thread if you want it and I'll put your name on it and PM you my PayPal address.

ok i have your address yes.Ill take the free apron shims if you have and whatever. I do need the longer brackets for bucket seats if you have them for a 1973FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom