Early hard doors - pre-64 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
This is a set of very early hard doors. I have seen evidence that indicates they are likely pre-64. SOR doesn't show anything earlier. One of the doors needs a couple parts for the window mechanism.

$200 B/O
Located in Gilroy, CA 95020

PM here or e-mail pjohnson_at_netgate_dot_net

Any detail info to further identify these would be great.

earlydoor1.jpg
earlydoor2.jpg
earlydoor3.jpg
earlydoor4.jpg

I THINK they are for a 62. Any chance that you're going to SNT? I know I've got little chance of using them or selling them, but I might still like to have em just as museum pieces!

wouldn't they also be the same as a hard top fj25? but they are at least 63 and before.

65swb45 said:
I THINK they are for a 62. Any chance that you're going to SNT? I know I've got little chance of using them or selling them, but I might still like to have em just as museum pieces!

These doors should fit from 58 up to the change in the windshield in mid 65 i think. I just guessing here but I think the window regulator changed the same time they did away with the high door pillars. Maybe the same time they changed the three speed tranny and stopped the stamped Land Cruiser bezel. mid 63? I do know the ashtray was added before that, my early 63 has one plus the side shift tranny and high pillars. The doors and bezel were gone. This was a rescue out of a junk yard.

I'm second in line. Someone back east was first. Probably someone we know, there seems to only be a few of us crazy enough to try and restore this old things.

John

If I end up with the doors I would have a extra. But right now I just have the two on the doors I trying to restore.

John

I got these from a local LC wrecker just before he closed shop. Don't know where the rest of it went. He had been in the business many years and I was able to pick up a couple of OEM soft top Main bows and upper door frames including soft top doors.

The guy back east was VERY quick to take these doors.

Any suggestions on shipping? I don't want them to get beat up.

Thanks,
Phil

Gee if you needed soft top parts we could have traded. I would have traded you doors straight across.

I alway build a light weight wood crate. But I can get the wood for free.

John

I have doors, and spares. I need hardware and brackets. I'm having rear bows reproduced using a full set as a master.

Oh yeah, and I need a couple of tailgates.....:)

Phil

Too bad there isn't anyone in the US reproducing tailgates...

Phil

I'm not kidding about using them for trading stock or Ebay. I have been collecting OEM soft top parts for years. Once I bought my first soft top in the early 90s it was like a lay's potato chip couldn't have just one.

John

pjohnson said:
The guy back east was VERY quick to take these doors.

Any suggestions on shipping? I don't want them to get beat up.

Thanks,
Phil
You might check a local body shop for door boxes. Or maybe a bike shop for a bike box. The most expensive option would be to head for Mailboxes Etc or a similar pack it for you shipping place and let them worry about boxing them up.

HTH,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom