Early H fan clutch retrofit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an early h motor that I desperately need a double row crank pulley for .....Any ideas
also would like to do a fan clutch conversion on this engine any help I would be thankful

Can you use parts off a 2H? Been to the wreckers to compare parts?

The h and 2h are few and far between here in the US , I just dont know of a 2h that I could try . Im hoping that someone out there will have an answer for me im not even sure if the h had a fan clutch as an option.

It helps if you put your location in your signature or post,then others know the conditions you are facing regarding parts.
Mentioning that are not sure about H engines ever having clutch fans also helps.
Are you trying to fit an aircon or power steering?

The parts diagram shows 2 types of crank pulley for the H . Pre 77 and post 77 to 80. What the difference is I dont know.
Some of the other toyota diesels have single pulley that bolts to the existing pulley to make a double or triple pulley. They have about 6 bolt holes on the crank pulley for this purpose.
If it doesnt,it maybe possible for a machinist to make something like that.

Had a look on MUD classifieds in the diesel section?

It helps if you put your location in your signature or post,then others know the conditions you are facing regarding parts.
Mentioning that are not sure about H engines ever having clutch fans also helps.
Are you trying to fit an aircon or power steering?

The parts diagram shows 2 types of crank pulley for the H . Pre 77 and post 77 to 80. What the difference is I dont know.
Some of the other toyota diesels have single pulley that bolts to the existing pulley to make a double or triple pulley. They have about 6 bolt holes on the crank pulley for this purpose.
If it doesnt,it maybe possible for a machinist to make something like that.

Had a look on MUD classifieds in the diesel section?
I appreciate you looking .... Im here in Southern California , New to this site . Im trying to add power steering. I looked at the pulley and there are no bolts for an accessory pulley. I cant access h series parts on dealer daily due to the fact that they were never sold here . Mine would be post 77 tilpre 06/80 .thinking a 2h would work , just dont know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom