Early Gear Shift Sticker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the gear shifter lightbulb today on my 1998 LC. The little decal on the inside is flaking off. Anyone make a little sticker for this or replaced this somehow? Lots of extra light is getting through now.

IMG_2188.jpg

Unfortunately no sticker, you have to buy the entire plastic piece but it is now discontinued. There are some after market options, machined aluminum and 3d printed. Search and you can find them on here.

Someone did have some luck painting the bottom back with the light points taped off. It seemed to come out pretty well. Might give that a try first before buying something new. If you don’t want to do that and are going to get a new one I would pay for shipping so I could get yours to play around with it.

Somebody was able to DIY a new sticker a few years ago, but I can’t find the thread. Maybe it was a post in the “what have you done to your 100…” thread.

I think they are sold out worldwide, but this site says they have them still in stock, maybe you’ll get lucky!

And here are a couple discussion threads, one with the other DIY technique of painting:

Thanks all. I like that acrylic repaint idea. Might just spruce it up in the short term with that technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom