early front clearance light (bib) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
which light is correct for front early bib clear or amber also which bezel do you guys prefer .pre 79 round or 79+ square ?? i do no that only the round bezel fits the early bib . i can't decide which bib to use early .( 1967) or later 79+ .
ccot (Medium).jpg
specter.jpg

Not exactly sure what your question is. The clear lenses in the bib lights were on some? all?
cruisers up until around '66 or so. Then the same bib lights were used with the amber lenses.
The clear lenses in the bib and on the turn signal do not meet Federal regulations of that era
in the U.S., that's why they were changed. Some folks like the clear lenses as it makes
them look even more retro. Not sure about your bib question.

i was just curious which bib to use on my truck . which ones people think look better . i have both
1967 bib , and i have a 1979 bib . . my truck is a 1975.
then i asked which light to buy for the 67 bib . amber or clear . thanks for the info about the regulations . i like the look of the newer bib and bezel . but i also have the option to go with the retro look .older bib amber or clear lights and fiberglass bezel with landcruiser stamped in it like in the pic. .just looking for everybody's opinion .
Copy of cruiser.jpg

The 67 original equip is clear.
The clear is less common on trucks that I see mostly because they just started reproducing them a few years ago. Less common=cool.
Go for the clear.

I would use the bib that's most original to your year, which I would think is the '79, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom