Wanted Early frame pins and shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have any early frame pins and shackles that I can buy? I need them pretty quick.

Thanks.

6A753EDC-EEF6-4CFE-B8B4-E070DA096230.jpeg

E5016922-8434-4314-A63A-D7848155D438.jpeg

Probably, but not in much better shape than those that you have. You may want to salvage those.

The half moon plate thing is unique to the 25 and usually clean up nice. The shoulder bolt will press out after you clean it, it is the same as used in the FJ40 other than the threaded end diameter. You need to open up the hole in the frame mount (10 to 12MM?). Crappy pic but it should get the idea across, I happened to use aftermarket greasable FJ40 shackle pins. I discovered this after doing another with replacement standard size allen head shoulder bolts. :bang:
20160918_143719.jpg

45 pin and 3/4 moon thingy is larger all around.

Probably, but not in much better shape than those that you have. You may want to salvage those.

The half moon plate thing is unique to the 25 and usually clean up nice. The shoulder bolt will press out after you clean it, it is the same as used in the FJ40 other than the threaded end diameter. You need to open up the hole in the frame mount (10 to 12MM?). Crappy pic but it should get the idea across, I happened to use aftermarket greasable FJ40 shackle pins. I discovered this after doing another with replacement standard size allen head shoulder bolts. :bang: View attachment 2595434
That's not a bad idea. I hate to drill the frame since I have already painted it.

Turn down the FJ40 bolt and rethread? :grinpimp:

Those will work. Thanks
Look at the diameter of the threaded section of the bolt, larger as just discussed. If from a 45 the plate is larger diameter as well.

These are from a 45. I can measure if you like. If they'll work, PM me your address and I'll get then out tomorrow.
Thanks anyway. These are for a FJ25 project. I didn't realize they were different sizes.

I also have these smaller diameter pins. Not sure, because they came in a bulk-buy deal, but they look as if never installed. 115mm length is total end-to-end, not under head. Let me know.

IMG_5250.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom