Early FJ60 Push Button Aux Switch or Similar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to run some aux lighting and want to see if these switches or similar switches are available. What is everyone using for AUX lighting switches on their pre 85 60s? I know the cut out on the trim panel is different on the early ones.

Yes. Yours are more squarish if I recall and the 62's are rectangular.

Awesome thanks! Any idea of the max amperage of those old switches?

Also wouldn’t the rear wiper switch work as well if the defroster works? I like how the rear wiper says off on it and I can put a sticker over the wiper that says on.

Awesome thanks! Any idea of the max amperage of those old switches?

Also wouldn’t the rear wiper switch work as well if the defroster works? I like how the rear wiper says off on it and I can put a sticker over the wiper that says on.

Hey Javelin , matt here

This is the particular switch i like to use ,

- This is a Double Illumination type push on / push off

- Double illumination means it has 2 bulbs , one for the interior illumination circuit when u turn on your parking & head lights & another one that

illuminates when u push the switch ON ,

- this one happens to be green , i am not aware of a amber one with the double bulbs configuration

- The Cruise Translucent decal can be easily removed & replaced with another one of your choice , just use a low-MED Temp hare dryer or LOW temp heat gun , BUT VERY Carefully here with the heat

- its also a Higher AMP switch & has the thicker gauge wires / Leeds to back that up , it handles the defrost circuit so it has to be

- This is the short box'y profile type switch i think your looking for

sorry i could not make the 2 bulbs light up at once , im short 1 alligator clip :confused:

DSCN9782.JPG
DSCN9784.JPG
DSCN9785.JPG
DSCN9788.JPG
DSCN9790.JPG

A0E15681-925E-429D-A378-DB5468C5D937.jpeg
I ran the rear defrost switch as highlighted in previous threads. Worked great and believe a mud member is still selling the stickers.

I found these icons from another member sometime back in a thread about re-using a rear defrost switch as an aux light switch. Maybe you can make use of them to change the graphic on your own. HTH

Attachments

• switch_relabel_icons.pdf
    587.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom