Early FJ40 Coolant Hoses and Fittings - Need Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello borg collective...

I'm trying to go back to OEM with my coolant hoses and I've gone down a rabbit hole. I ordered a kit from Cruiser Outfitters for what I thought was correct for my rig built in 7/66.

What I received was this.

AC23D1E0-4D22-4EFD-B60F-CC4B5DEEC129.jpeg

I emailed back to Cruiser Outfitters that I think I got the wrong kit with this pic of what I'm trying to replace.

71AE3228-C1AF-4D90-8242-3B86D0221B1F.jpeg
C6DDA535-6562-46E0-B2C7-13B19F6FB078.jpeg

They replied back that no dumb dumb (they were really nice about it, their customer service is fantastic!), you should have a longer pipe that would use the two short straight hoses. I was like, no, I've never seen or heard of this before. They must be crazy.

My PO saved everything. Old hoses, switches, belts. Everything. So I went digging and holy crap! I found it!

D0EEEC3C-1906-4E6A-A6FD-D1DF3F78CB2A.jpeg

But the heater line is capped. Does anyone have a pic of this setup in their rig? Does this shutoff valve go where the plug is? It looks like the block heater shut off.

D0522108-0347-4E54-AD8F-4F70710F27E6.jpeg

So it does look like I should use that fitting based on this pic.

1652994478072.png

Does anyone know if there is a early model water pump that is required with this larger pipe?

So it does look like I should use that fitting based on this pic.

View attachment 3013169

Does anyone know if there is a early model water pump that is required with this larger pipe?
Yep, Kurt and his people are correct with the hose kit and long steel pipe between the pump and radiator. The early water pumps had the large water inlet coming in straight, not angled to the firewall. Also, only had 2 screws holding the backing compared to later. I think SOR stocks the very early pumps.

I would personally be careful and think whether I wanted to mess with getting the plug out of the junction pipe for the heater valve. They are really hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom