Early F Engine serial number (F 238589) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Doing some cleaning around here and I am probably going to tear this F engine down into parts but it would be nice to know if anyone can help with the serial number. The number on the block is F 238589. I got an SD40 large window carburetor with the engine (but not installed) that is date stamped 7/11/66 so I'm not sure it is the original carb. This serial number pre-dates SOR's serial number chart on the website so if anyone has any way of providing additional info that would be great, thanks.

1580957702480.JPEG

Doing some cleaning around here and I am probably going to tear this F engine down into parts but it would be nice to know if anyone can help with the serial number. The number on the block is F 238589. I got an SD40 large window carburetor with the engine (but not installed) that is date stamped 7/11/66 so I'm not sure it is the original carb. This serial number pre-dates SOR's serial number chart on the website so if anyone has any way of providing additional info that would be great, thanks.

View attachment 2202742
I have a spare F135 engine from 1966 with a serial number of F235669.

I have a spare F135 engine from 1966 with a serial number of F235669.
Thanks for your input, that helps. It wold be nice if there was a spreadsheet somewhere on MUD where we could enter this info. Maybe someone is listening :clap:

What does the date stamp say on the block? :meh:

Drivers side towards the rear
Hi @JohnnyC , sorry I never saw your post until now :confused:. Thanks for the tip.....I will check that out tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom