Early Dash knobs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have a diagram or picture of what early cruisers 69' dash knobs do. I am curious with a few. Top left two (i know one is the choke) and am missing the right most button.

Post a pic of what you have...

Early trucks had a throttle beside the choke...

Furthest right most 'button' should be the "dome" light switch, someone out here may have the little plastic knob...

That is assuming things have not been modified from stock by a previous owner... HA HA HA HA HA..

Good luck!

-Steve

Oh,

The owners manual for the '69 40 will have a picture and description of the dash and all the switch and control functions and locations.

PTO options that were available for these vehicles...

I'll post a picture of the dash from the 69 owner's manual later, when I can, but yeah, the hand throttle was for the PTO winch. Although there is a hole for it in the dash, according to the guys at Specter, the only hand throttles in the US were the under dash versions, just to the right of the steering column.

didn't have to have the PTO to have the hand throttle, in my 65 fj40(no PTO) the hand throttle is on/in the dash, not down on the hanging bracket. 69.......I dunno about.

If this helps. The knob top left looks like this )/( (I assume choke) The one to the right looks like this )-( with what looks like spray to one side of it.

This all started because I was trying to figure out if I had a heater valve knob. Core does not get that hot but I cleaned out the core and there is plenty of fluid.

You will not have a heater knob on the dash of a pre-74 Land Cruiser, that controls the hot water going into the heater core...

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat186.tam?xax=30458&page.ctx=cat186.tam

The heater on/off valve is located on the rear section of the cylinder head, should have a hose going to the heater core. Could have been removed by the PO. I have seen some trucks that have a shut off for the heater core in different locations, and types, so I would look around, and locate where the heater coolant lines meet up with the engine, and see if there is a valve of some sort that is not open...

Good luck!

-Steve

[quote author=DenverCruiser link=board=1;threadid=11739;start=msg106982#msg106982 date=1077143259]
If this helps. The knob top left looks like this )/( (I assume choke) The one to the right looks like this )-( with what looks like spray to one side of it.

[/quote]

The one with the spray as you call it, would be the throttle cable. I have owned a few 68 69 70 era 40's, and all have had the throttle cable on the dash, adjacent to the choke cable..

John,

My both my 65 45 wagon and LWB pickup(no PTO's), have a hand throttle, that says 'throttle' right on the knob, that connects to the linkage outside the cabin...your right on with what you described..

It is nice to know that Specter might be wrong about something (the availability of in dash hand throttles). Think I'll give them a call again. Anyway, here is the picture from the Owner's manual, 69-71.

Yea, thanks IDave. I have the accelerater knob but the cable is no longer attatched-just hangs down in the engine bay-oh well thats small potatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom