70s split bench- Leather seat cover pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update to my request- I received a set to send out and finally received and installed the reproduction covers. My apparel guy actually found an auto upholstery company so the seats are well made and I could chose my own color.

I would like to send off my seat covers to have them made in leather but the ones on my rig went over the existing covers so there not the right size. The old ones are in tatters. Does anyone have either old split bench covers or newer set they wont use for awhile that can lend them out ? I posted in classifieds but no takers.

A78B13D1-76BF-438E-A698-C59A8CDE4F17.jpeg

6CAF3F6A-2AEE-48E6-88F2-CBCDCA7C62BF.jpeg

9E5DB6F8-3799-4885-8784-129D6527E4D1.jpeg

Last edited:
As long as the original covers are still mostly intact, a good upholsterer can use them as a template. Maybe a couple pics to whoever you're planning to send them to and have them tell you if they can use them. (Wow, that's a crappy sentence, don't tell my English teacher,lol)

mine are past saving and missing pieces unfortunately. They also do not have the piping.

Looks like you may be in NY. Depending on where you are, I know someone on the NY/CT line that could do the leather for you. Not sure what your timing is, or his for that matter, but I know he’d prefer to have the seats and foam to make sure the fit is right.

I would like to send off my seat covers to have them made in leather but the ones on my rig went over the existing covers so there not the right size. The old ones are in tatters. Does anyone have either old split bench covers or newer set they wont use for awhile that can lend them out ? I posted in classifieds but no takers.
If it were my rig, Id want the leather upholsterer to have the seats in house and build to fit your individual set. Leather is expensive and if the templates are not exact, there is a risk of the new seats not fitting correctly.

Yes that would be the ideal situation but their overseas. Seat covers have been installed on lots of rigs and the results and fit look great. I trust my guy if he has a pattern in hand.

i have a '72, might be able to help out. i'm in the process of a restoration. would have to disassemble them

That would be great. Let me know if you can disassemble. I would need them a few weeks. Then can return if needed

Updated the first post.

I did a one off but told him to keep the pattern. There are different configurations through the years so might be difficult to sort those out without patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom