early (63-74) door plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally getting my doors painted and I am rounding up parts to rebuild them. Anybody know where I can source the hole plug (grommet) #25 on the diagram? Or something that works just as well. Thanks in advance.

And thanks also for all the help on my spring delema.

Russ
124A1.jpg

Bought mine from SOR, they were used and rough, but cleaned up OK with some goof off and look decent enough. I also painted them black, since my rig is white with black accent.

Joe

I picked up some off of ebay a few months ago...they were NOS. I'd hate to admit how much I paid for such a small part :crybaby:, but I couldn't find them anywhere else.

I saw some used at Cruiserparts.net. Also, look on ebay from Landcruiser parts. They have a lot of nice used and NOS, OEM parts, and are great to deal with. Marksoffroad.net is a good source for the old school parts. Good luck. :cheers: Brendon

I have often found body plugs of various sizes at the junk yard. I usually pull them off Toyotas too.

Reviving an old thread, it looks like these hole caps from McMaster are the right size. Downsides are that they don’t look oem and shipping is more expensive than the parts.

Hole Caps, Snap-in, Polyethylene, for 1-7/8" ID, Black

I don't think that early 40s/45s used this plug. There are two door styles regarding the window frames and window hardware. Their part schedules overlap as far as complete door assemblies across the years. This plug would be like '68 to '74 build-dates?

Unless you are a stickler for original stuff, I went to the plumbing and electric
IMG_8290.JPG
supply and got a couple of galvanized metal plugs.
Had to do some minor tweaking on the splines but they fit nice and tight plus they look good. The price was better too.

Last edited:
At some point in the last 2-3 years there was someone on mud reproducing these with a 3 D printer. I remember he offered to run some for sale at the time.

Sor has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom