Wanted Early 40 Series Heater Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you need both the switch and bracket?

No. I'll just need the heater Valve control as using a Clamshell.

whats a " heater valve control Clam shell " ?

sorry , i dont understand andy ,

please forgive me if stupid YANKEE question
...........🤣

do you need the V / Vent fresh air intake Control Cable itself Andy ?

Paul was helping you first , respectfully ...........

let me know if i can after you are
taken care by him , your in good hands w / @3_puppies :)

Matt, if you have this stuff, go ahead, I'm not certain I've got an extra without digging thru my stuff. It'll be this weekend before I can look.
Paul

Matt, if you have this stuff, go ahead, I'm not certain I've got an extra without digging thru my stuff. It'll be this weekend before I can look.
Paul

well .........

you were here first to assist Andy , so i wanted to make that clear to him , you and anyone else , that was the case
...... :)

Respect thy fellow MUD members is the only way i Roll , especially close friends like both You and Andy from Down in OZ are :D

i will see if i can ?

however that pot belly stove type heater is older them me , and in none of my paper parts catlogers , whoever coined the phrase Clam was right on !

Paul , do you know what exactly he needs parts wise ?

i think i have understood his reply as a Push / Pull Type control cable to open and close a water / heater control valve of some sort , like the fire wall mounted one on a 2F era FJ40 ? that the Warm Pull control cable operates ?

is this a yes that is what he needs or no , im totally off course here and out of my area of expertise ?

if yes i can Kustom make him a killer push pull solid core wire heater valve control cable ...

if no , well either you or @pardion will have to or will you advise here in some way ?

i will send andy a pm for more info too

Thanks Paul ! :idea:

- I do have Fully Restored first generation H knob Heater Switches

- i
do NOT have the 3 hole under dash bracket

- i may have the valve pull knob/cable , how ever i need more tech here ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't have a sample or can provide dimensions.
All I have is the Heater unit.
I have to source all other components to get it functional. I want to keep it era correct. If anyone has been 'down this road' ? Please chip in to advise how to go about it.

I have the bracket and possibly the switch & pull. Can’t get you pictures now. Traveling. This weekend or early next week.

@andybudge Birdhead was asking about this part yesterday, coincidence?
Any way here’s one, and I have more.
23C1F938-BDB2-47A3-9ACB-D545D133B7D7.jpeg
7A720662-2ECC-4F32-8F5A-B085748C98E3.jpeg
41A82F81-A34D-44DC-AEBD-43C578B88D83.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt the clamshell heater was an early 60's? unit is quite rare
John has the switch and bracket in his pics, which is also early 60's stuff.
@pardion

@andybudge Birdhead was asking about this part yesterday, coincidence?
Any way here’s one, and I have more.View attachment 2425916View attachment 2425917View attachment 2425918
@ToyotaMatt the clamshell heater was an early 60's? unit is quite rare
John has the switch and bracket in his pics, which is also early 60's stuff.
@pardion

Unfortunately, I don't have a sample or can provide dimensions.
All I have is the Heater unit.
I have to source all other components to get it functional. I want to keep it era correct. If anyone has been 'down this road' ? Please chip in to advise how to go about it.

looks like John has this covered ,

his area of expertise as well :)

Andy , John will take care of you from here , he is
" EARLY TNK TEq " expert :D

i do not have the 3 hole bracket like he does ...

thanks
matt

Just to clarify; looking for the Bracket, Fan switch and valve pull knob/cable please?

Andy I would be curious your plan for the "V" vent cable. That was used for damper in the by the blower motor. 9/72 the knobs changed. First heater valve was 9/73 (74 model). Do you have a provision for outside air to the heater? I seen in another thread about this bracket that SOR lists as 58-67. To my knowledge (which is limited) this bracket started during 1964 when the heater and separate blower started. I have a 1960 FJ25 with the Nippon Denso heater. Doesn't have the bracket. Fan switch is something that looks aftermarket. The switch with the "H" is for a two speed fan. Clamshell is only a single speed. Thought about labeling a early wiper switch with "HEAT". Back of the Clamshell heater has two round fittings for defrost hoses. My FJ25 shows no sign of any defrost ducts ever being there. All the Nippon Denso clamshell heaters look like there were added after they left the production line. Years ago there was an early FJ45LV that had some custom duct work added and a round grill added to the passenger's side of the cowl. Ideally to defrost/defog the windshield you want to use heated outside air that has lower humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom