Early 2H w/ dual fuel filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sgu.life
Without thinking, I went and got some new fuel filters. Took a gander at my set up and realized it was different. Tried my hand at mining though the data and wisdom on mud but have come up empty.

I have an early 2H in my 47 with dual fuel filters - not spin on kine but from what i've found there are filters with-in etc. Has anybody replaced this set-up with something more conventional so I can use the spin on type of filter/ or what do I need to change in the canisters? I'd like to get the parts ordered before I open them up and completely eff up my fuel system.

Thanks in advance.

Plus has anybody else had a hell of a time getting the centrifugal oil filter canister off? I can't get the bugger to come free - the starter appears to be too close so I may just loosen it to sag out of the way. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Not sure if you get this brand in the U.S, but these are the suckers you want:
Search for oil, fuel or air filters by part number : Air Filters, Oil Filters and Fuel Filters :: Ryco Filters :: Automotive Filters Australia

I think you can swap the filter mounting block sraight out for a more modern one with a spin on filter. There was an OEM one on eBay recently that I considered buying, but was a wee bit too expensive for me. Changing those cartridge ones is a real biatch.

That centrifugal oil filter cap should come off with a little bit of wiggling. From memory, I pulled the EDIC control arm off at the motor end to get it off. Then it should lift right out. Also, make sure you keep an eye out for the o-ring seal at the base. You don't want to lose that!

Cheers and good luck,

Matt

Right on, I see that SOR sells the filters but at $13 a pop - i guess not a horribly drastic price . . .

If i get the sides and roof back on proper this afternoon I'll fiddle around more with the oil filter and see what I can find by way of fuel filters locally

Thanks dingbat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom