1976 Fj40... long "budget "project... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why I not surprise.... ?)

Last edited:
Here's a few lines from Jefferson Airplane that talks about going down the rabbit's hole:

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

We will say you're the white knight, and your wife or significant other is the red queen ready to chop your head off for spending money on the project.

Congratulations on your project, it looks promising. Have you tried removing the spark plugs and pouring in some marvel mystery oil then letting it work it’s magic for a few days? Just might free it up, I know it has worked for others.

Congratulations on your project, it looks promising. Have you tried removing the spark plugs and pouring in some marvel mystery oil then letting it work it’s magic for a few days? Just might free it up, I know it has worked for others.
Yes I did.
I also try from other side (from manifold and valve). Sound like, it is really really rusty inside...
look how rusty ...

Find a donor engine from an FJ60 and swap it in. Did this on my early 76 with great results. Better oiling in the newer 2Fs and most of the 76 era accessories will bolt onto a newer block too.

Instead of trying to get the motor to turn, try getting the block to drain. A seized motor can be repaired, a rusted-up from coolant block might be fatality.

Instead of trying to get the motor to turn, try getting the block to drain. A seized motor can be repaired, a rusted-up from coolant block might be fatality.
I have to remove the engine anyway. I will looks how it go.

Find a donor engine from an FJ60 and swap it in. Did this on my early 76 with great results. Better oiling in the newer 2Fs and most of the 76 era accessories will bolt onto a newer block too.
This will be my plan B :)

I would be interested in buying original wet prints. The image quality from those old cameras is very special.
Too bad we live on opposite ends of the country. I would hire you to take pics of my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom