1976 Fj40... long "budget "project... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have found this 1976 Fj40 with title in some barn on East coast, for my project.
It has come with extra parts what I need to sort from boxes.
If I’m being honest,.. it looks really really bad for me, buy I will try. I can do many thing by myself.

My major concern is the back of the frame.

I will need your help/criticism/jokes/sarcasm.

Let start with pictures (as you all like it):

Last edited:
More pics bro.

Did you find that in Maryland? Looks like a great score so far, even with that much rust.

Yes. It come from Maryland. It really really rusty. Specially the back tub.

Was that one of those in the barn on the eastern shore?

Firs, I planing to chek engine. I have look at oil level, it still showing full level. I have try check with battery. Lights coming up and starter clicking. I have removed all spark plugs and add oil.

Yes. It come from Maryland. It really really rusty. Specially the back tub.

Looks right at home in Upstate NY. The salt eventually did in my HJ60. You will have work to do on that frame etc. Maybe keep an eye out for a better frame.

A real labor of love, congrats on the find nd good luck.

Looks right at home in Upstate NY. The salt eventually did in my HJ60. You will have work to do on that frame etc. Maybe keep an eye out for a better frame.

A real labor of love, congrats on the find nd good luck.
Thank you. I still optimistic about this project. It will keep me busy for sure.

Never got my eyes on them. They went fast, but that was probably them.

@SergP looks like a Frankencruiser going by the windshield frame and doors. They definitely aren't from a '76 model.
Doors and windshield frame from early model. Hard top and hood from other truck, but looks like from the same model year. Also someone make a back door. Bur seller has provided an ambulanse doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom