SOLD Early 1969 FJ40 - Port Orchard, Wa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
rgb(233, 7, 7)
Early production 1969 FJ40. 1F 3 speed converted to floor shift. I believe the drivetrain is original. Linkage still on column. Runs and drives well. Has a small leak at brake master cylinder and an oil leak at the remote oil filter adapter hoses, but have new parts for those. New OEM radiator installed. All glass is original and in good shape but the seals could be replaced. Still has the original toolkit, jack and owners manual along with service records back to ‘81. I’ve only had it a year, just don’t have time to drive it and hate seeing it sit. I have a lot of new parts that will go with it and I don’t want to sell them separately.

This is what the previous owner did to it. He took great care of it and did quality work.

All new brake system rebuild
New clutch slave cylinder
New gas tank
New fuel pump
New original fuel filter
5 Brand new wheels powder coated grey
New 31” BFG km2 mud terrains
like new original spare tire ( looks like it was kept in the garage)
New seat covers
New jump seat straps
New headlights
Front turn signal lenses
NOS Toyota wiper blades

New parts not installed
Premium Holley sniper kit from Mosley Motors
Toyota conversion headlights HID
New fuse box from City Racer
New brake master cylinder
New Toyota ignition switch with key
New door weatherstripping Toyota
Rear hatch weatherstripping Toyota
New speedo cable
New oil filter relocation kit from Redline Landcruiser
DUI distributor
LiveWires sparkplug cables

New parts I recently installed
New Toyota radiator
New washer fluid reservoir
New wiper switch
3D printed wiper motor switch cover
New Toyota hatch handle
41B3CA9C-CBD7-4CF3-A578-AA1AB2EEF173.jpeg
D0A72466-E782-49E3-988D-9B3DB87F082D.jpeg
E596C47E-61B3-42E3-8964-8F6BBFA713D9.jpeg
4D306D5C-03AD-42D4-BC23-C0D42DC0C08E.jpeg
0F606BA4-9C9E-4F46-8E2E-633AFB407624.jpeg

Price is $24K with all the parts, $22K obo without the parts. I’ll post more pics below. Any questions let me know.

Last edited:
I’m now willing to sell without the parts. Make an offer for none or some of the parts. Price with parts is 25k OBO

Excuse my ignorance on this, but how is the transfer case engage with the 3 spd column shift? Is it a vacuum actuator?

Just started reading up on FJ40s, always wanted one. This one looks interesting and near me (Seattle) too!

Excuse my ignorance on this, but how is the transfer case engage with the 3 spd column shift? Is it a vacuum actuator?

Just started reading up on FJ40s, always wanted one. This one looks interesting and near me (Seattle) too!
Yes vacuum actuator. Here is the actuator:
Screenshot_20210327-052405_Chrome.jpg

You pull the "F.D" knob on the dash to engage 4WD. It's hard to see in this pic but it is the knob at the immediate top left corner of the heater core. The lever next to it switches the transfer case from "H" to "L".
Screenshot_20210327-052614_Chrome.jpg

This one has been converted to floor shift (for the transmission) however the linkage is still on the column. All the 4wd levers are still in their original location as pictured above. Thanks @Mtntopper for the explanation!

Still available!

Yes vacuum actuator. Here is the actuator:
You pull the "F.D" knob on the dash to engage 4WD. It's hard to see in this pic but it is the knob at the immediate top left corner of the heater core. The lever next to it switches the transfer case from "H" to "L".

Appreciate the explanation. Looking forward to finding my own FJ someday and getting myself a new project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom