Earl Warden Cruiser Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
At first I was looking on the web for pictures of the "Double Ended" Cruiser :D

I did a search on Mud and found really little about Earl sooo... i thought I would start a nice thread just for pictures ;) and Info related to Earl:

From Tony Twiddy and TLCA

Earl Warden, Jr. was born and raised in Placerville, California. He grew up doing many miscellaneous jobs and crafts—handyman, mechanic, plumber and was a self-proprietor as a young man.

He began working at Stancil’s Toyota in 1958, then “the number one Toyota dealership to sell Land Cruisers in the United States.” This is where Earl developed a passion for the Land Cruiser and four-wheeling with his family. He worked at Stancil’s for 14? years until he opened his own four-wheel drive repair shop in 1972, “across the street from his former employer.” When Earl opened Warden’s Auto Repair in Placerville, he employed and taught his mechanical skills to four of his sons (and now even his grandsons)—and has passed on his work ethics and morals.

Earl has made a difference and influenced every person that he and his family have ever had any contact with. He is a pioneer, a legend in building and modifying Land Cruisers, as well as an avid four-wheeler. He is a very generous and giving man and has taken that love and passion to Montana where he and Vivian (his wife of 50 years) retired in 1988.

Earl is very proud of his children—5 boys and 2 girls. He also has 10 grandchildren and 2 brand new great grandchildren—identical twin girls born to Jason (grandson) and Julie Warden. Land Cruisers and four-wheeling with his family and friends have been Earl’s passion for over 52 years.

I know John Pardi must have some pictures :)

Last edited:
I'll ask when I see him next...he lives across town from me. Last time I was at his place he still had the pushmepullyou.

Pictures Phil we need pictures. It probably been more than fifteen years since I've seen a picture of it. So did Danny give you a discount on the red one since you live across town from dad?:rolleyes:

same here about 15 years

i couldnt believe i found nothing online about it...i have only seen one picture on TLCA website from the history of TLCA...and the line drawing for some years in the advert from TT.

I'm glad to hear he still has it.

I can probably come up with some old photo's reguarding this thread. The name of that cruiser is "Douple Trouble" I remember Earl drove it up on the Rubicon Trail and We were both driving it through the Little Sluice box and a front axle broke, the funny part was Earl was going to get the tools and spare axle out of the trunk end and opened up the engine hood end. It was hard to tell if you were comming or going. I also remember swapping out the Toyota 4-speed tranny in it and putting in an SM420 tranny, He checked up on me and I think I impressed him as being a very slow mechanic. Earl was a true poineer in the upgrading of Land Cruisers, He and a buddy built the first SM420 adapter. John Pardi

here ya go
wardens doubleender2.JPG
wardens doubleender3.JPG
wardens doubleender.JPG

I can probably come up with some old photo's reguarding this thread. The name of that cruiser is "Douple Trouble" I remember Earl drove it up on the Rubicon Trail and We were both driving it through the Little Sluice box and a front axle broke, the funny part was Earl was going to get the tools and spare axle out of the trunk end and opened up the engine hood end. It was hard to tell if you were comming or going. I also remember swapping out the Toyota 4-speed tranny in it and putting in an SM420 tranny, He checked up on me and I think I impressed him as being a very slow mechanic. Earl was a true poineer in the upgrading of Land Cruisers, He and a buddy built the first SM420 adapter. John Pardi

It's been a long time since I've seen pics of that. Did it take 2 people to steer? or could you lock one end?

i remember seeing pics of double trouble at warden's auto repair in the early 90s, after danny took over. good times, great memories. :)

fwiw, i bought my first cruiser from danny warden; THE orange LV! :grinpimp:

I didn't know Earl, but I met Danny and did some business with him. I also hung out with one of Stancil's daughters when I was a student at Sac State. She had a shiny new Toyota Corolla. She never took me home to meet her daddy because I looked like a hippie back then and I was wheeling a '42 Ford GPW jeep because I didn't have enough money for a FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom