Eagles Lakes Sunday 6/23 - Tuesday 6/25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will be up running EL from Sunday afternoon on the 23rd, through sometime on Tuesday. Plan is to camp by the river, and explore the "backside" as well as make a run out to the lake at the end. I've got a group of 4 going as of now. One of the group is in the process of rebuilding his rig, so the weekend will be slow and careful.

Post up if you want to join us.

I'd like to check out this area one of these days but I work M-F. I've read up on it and seems it's easy to take the wrong fork and up going to Fordyce. Do you have any quick directions on how to end up on the correct trails?

The basics:

There is a sign pointing towards Fordyce, but basically, once you hit the trailhead, drive straight, at the first Y (there is a big sign board and "toilet in a bag dispenser)":

veer left for campgrounds, river and Pierce OHV area
straight is EL trail

next Y:
straight is EL trail to the lake
right is Fordyce there is a sign at this point that points to Fordyce and the remainder of the Eagle Lakes trail

The whole trail has signs, but you have to really look for them in some areas.

Edit: When I'm up there I'll grab some quick gps readings on the major "intersections". For quick reference, go on Google Maps and look up Carlyle Rd, Tahoe National forest. Carlyle road is EL trail. if you zoom out, you will see signal peak (trail is closed currently). Grouse Ridge road is the way you head at the first Y.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the tips! Make sure you take pics during the trip :cheers:

Hay guys, I am a friend of Chad (fj80) I have a 4runner and I will be out there on Sun. I would like to hook up with you guys... and explore . Just wondering what time on Sun to meet at the staging area...?

I'm leaving my house at noon on Sunday. Should be at the staging area by 1245, and hitting the camping spot by 1:30.

Is anyone coming? There are 3 of us in 2 rigs going so far. Let me know if anyone wants to join us.

How was it up there with all the rain?

It wasn't bad at all on Sunday (note to self, next time, don't drag tail pipe in rocks). Monday sucked. It started raining at about 2am, never stopped. I woke up (in my tent) soaked. We got up, ate breakfast, packed up camp, went wheeling, then headed-back to my place early.

Side note, hippies, and S.F. "guys" don't like gun fire.... There was a "special" rave going on up there. All we heard all night was thump, thump, thump, thump....freaking sucked. We decided to liven things up with target practice at about 11pm. had a freaking "blast"!

Haha hippies hate guns...

The kids are partying out at these woods parties a lot this summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom