E-manage ultimate installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For these for doing the force induction on 80 series, here is another way to adjust your fuel/timing management. I use e-manage ultimate for me up-coming turbo project. The unit has been fitted on my car once and it was running fine. I was able to do the timing adjustment and add/trim the fuel through the laptop. I also purchase a wideband A/F meter that allow me to do the A/F target tuning which will make my life easier when tuning the fuel adjustment.

I purchase the universal wire harness and ecu connection extension adapter to make my own transition cable that show on the pictures. I did lots of research before make purchase and find out that many different brand of Japanese car share the same ecu connector. The easiest to find connector extension adapter will be mitsubishi evo 4,5,6,7. They plug right into our stock ecu.

This is a piggyback interceptor and so far it seems working good. I will post more result once i have turbo install and tuning.

Tony
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Model? Year?

Pins

Do you have a digram you used for the pins or can you please let me know which ones you used. I am currently doing the same but not too sure about the ECU pins.

Thanks

I purchase the universal wire harness and ecu connection extension adapter to make my own transition cable that show on the pictures. I did lots of research before make purchase and find out that many different brand of Japanese car share the same ecu connector. The easiest to find connector extension adapter will be mitsubishi evo 4,5,6,7. They plug right into our stock ecu.

This is a piggyback interceptor and so far it seems working good. I will post more result once i have turbo install and tuning.

Tony

Where did you purchase the harness?

Interesting,
How much does that doggy cost?

a quick search on ebay rings up 500 bucks plus a 100 or so for the adaptor, and shipping on top of all that.

this is sweet though, I'd pitchin for a tweak session if anyone gets this in socal.

I'm sure a lot of guys will go nuts over this but that thing embodies everything that I don't want on my truck.

It will be interesting to see how much rope that thing will give you and how easily it will be to hang yourself.

I'm sure a lot of guys will go nuts over this but that thing embodies everything that I don't want on my truck.

It will be interesting to see how much rope that thing will give you and how easily it will be to hang yourself.

Thanks for the constructive input.......

Some of us do not want to splice and solder into the ECU harness. I had to splice and make my own connector steup on the Tacoma and I really don't want to do it to the Cruiser.

Wow! those are encouraging words of advice...

Thanks for the constructive input.......

No problem.

I'm sure that thing has all the adjustability to make anything run well. That can be a real problem for people who can't recognize the difference between a tuning issue and a problem that needs to be addressed.

If I can't make my truck run well without that thing then I'm doing something wrong.

If I can't make my truck run well without that thing then I'm doing something wrong.

Since you mentioned that, I haven't seen an update from you on you MAF project.

It would be a great comparison (with Wide Band O2 data) to piggybacks as a whole.

The e-manage makes sense for a turbo setup, especially if you're building it yourself, or if the kit you've purchased did not come with a fuel management system for some reason. A lot of guys that do custom FI setups use them to tune their cars/trucks.

But for your typical S/C setup, it's not needed unless you want to venture outside of the standard pulley size (i.e., higher pressures) or start to play with various injector sizes, etc. It might be nice to have, if only to assure yourself that you're adequately tuned, but I don't think it would be worth the $5-600 price on a stock engine with standard TRD S/C setup. JMO.

Since you mentioned that, I haven't seen an update from you on you MAF project.

It would be a great comparison (with Wide Band O2 data) to piggybacks as a whole.

It was updated yesterday I think. I had 3 housings made and one of them has been permanently installed on a stock truck. One is headed for evaluation on a turbo truck. And the third will stay at home for yet another related project.

I'm looking forward to the testing in the turbo truck.

My scanner crapped out and I'm looking into an upgraded version that is wide band compatible. But I'm not jumping into a turbo until all my ducks are in a row and have determined the minimum amount of help the stock system will need to function properly.

It was updated yesterday I think. I had 3 housings made and one of them has been permanently installed on a stock truck. One is headed for evaluation on a turbo truck. And the third will stay at home for yet another related project.

I'm looking forward to the testing in the turbo truck.

My scanner crapped out and I'm looking into an upgraded version that is wide band compatible. But I'm not jumping into a turbo until all my ducks are in a row and have determined the minimum amount of help the stock system will need to function properly.

Found it and subscribed.

Looking good, that housing is a thing of beauty!

Im curious to see how this works out but I agree with scamper in that unless you are looking for over 6lbs boost your oe fuel management should be fine. Just yesterday I drove nonstop from prescott arizona in my turbod 1fzfe with the cruise set at 78mph. durring this 5 day wheeling trip I Got 13.5, 14.9, 14.5, 12.9 mpg (didn't calculater mph when wheeling or part tanks) with 35 mtrs, lots of gear and 78mph. the truck ran great and will hang with most any new truck. I have had multiple cross country (western) trips since instal last year and the truck runs better than ever, has normal compression and valve specs (just checked last month) and is aproaching 160,000 miles.

I love reading about all the research and discussion on this topic but I made a turbo manifold out of steam pipe and it runs like a kitten and passed smog in cali. I don't know how much better it can get.

The E-manage ultimate has a target AFR feature. :) When a wideband o2 is installed it will "self tune" or try to achieve target AFRs. This is a great feature in climates where extreme hot & cold temps are a problem. Oh yeah. I think I'm going to try the MAF eliminator. This may or may not be successful on my 97. I have used a piggyback MAF eliminator on a 05 Subaru & couldn't make it come off idle without a hesitation. Finally, gave up & installed a standalone. The ultimate can also be used to drive additional injectors accurately. Best of all the factory ECU is still intact. We saw substantial increase in fuel economy in a e-manage tuned TT 350z over stock. Can't wait... Please post your results. My project is on hold for a while. :beer:

I've just spent the last 4 months with my head inside the stock ECM on our trucks. I think I have a pretty good idea how it's programmed and what it's doing. Don't count on past successes with other manufacturers to be applicable here.

It will definitely be interesting to see what comes of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom