E locker question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im retrofitting my non locked 93 with lockers from a 96. I bought the whole truck so i have everything i need. Switches, wiring, ecu, axles, etc.

I installed the rear tonight, ran the factory wiring (taillight harness thing. Put in the switch and hooked up the ecu. The locker wont engage, the motor wont turn on. I did all the tests from the FSM. I still have the front open axle under the truck. Does the ecu need input from the front locker, to make the rear work. IE--the rear wont work if the front isnt at least hooked up.

If the ecu doesnt care about the front to make the rear locker work, what could be wrong.

Thanks again
Will

yea the center diff was locked. i even put it in low range

Yea the lockers worked in the donor truck.; The cdl switch lights up and i can hear the cdl engaging. I just jumperd the plug at the locker and it engages and disengages just fine. But i cant engage it with the switch on the dash.

All the tests in the FSM say everyting is in working order, but clearly it isnt. And i have no idea why.

Will

So the harness that goes to the back of the truck doesnt have the wiring for the locker. I have the harness that connects the tailights together and that has the locker plug in it, but i dont have the wiring that goes from firewall to quarter panel. The wiring is at the ecu, so i just have to find where it stops and splice it in.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Will

Search here in the 80 sect. there is several people that have retrofitted them with details on the wiring. May be in the FAQ as well. Can't remember. Good Luck :)

Ive searched my tail off, not sure what im doing wrong, ill keep looking.

Will

Once again, i didnt see if anybody was logged on. I said that, not mike 71-cruiser

Yea ive read all of those. They say it can be done but dont say how.

Will

Will how did you finally get everything going? did you make a thread on it?
I have been searching for the last hour and it seems like most everyone agrees the actual axle swap is easy, doing the wires is hard. I have an entire locked 93 in the yard but am considering skipping the factory wiring and dash lights and just using aftermarket diff locker buttons to engage the factory lockers. From your experience with the wiring is that a good alternative or is it easier to trouble shoot and work with factory wiring?

Will how did you finally get everything going? did you make a thread on it?
I have been searching for the last hour and it seems like most everyone agrees the actual axle swap is easy, doing the wires is hard. I have an entire locked 93 in the yard but am considering skipping the factory wiring and dash lights and just using aftermarket diff locker buttons to engage the factory lockers. From your experience with the wiring is that a good alternative or is it easier to trouble shoot and work with factory wiring?

You can easily use 6 conductor trailer wiring to make a harness. All the information you need should be in these two threads:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota-truck-tech/204094-elocker-wiring-switches.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...ng-trd-elockers-fzj80-elocker-ecu-switch.html

I was wiring up two TRD elockers and using an 80 elocker ECU and switch. It should even be easier if you are using Land Cruiser lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom