E-locker ECU and speed sensor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, just a quick question (yes I did use the search but didn't come across an answer).

When putting 80Series axles under another vehicle, and using the factory ECU and switch, what do you do with the pin for the speed sensor on the ECU? Or is there no need to do anything with it?

I know that you need to groud pin15 to fool the ECU into thinking the CDL is locked.

Anything else I missed?

many thanks!

Koos

Thanks! But not in mine, I'm using an H41 with single piece T/case so I don't have the sensor.

I assume you're talking about the locker ECU as opposed to the main engine ECU?

AFAIK the only thing it cares about is that the CDL is locked. Ground that, and you should be fine.

CDL must be locked and 5mph or below the last time I checked the description & operation. That's likely what the ECU is looking for. Might be worth looking at the W/D to see if you can fake the system into thinking it's below 5mph.

the signal makes sure that the vehicle is going slow enough to engage the lockers safely. I retro'd a set of axles into a 91 and it doesn't have a speed sensor on the t-case but there is a signal from the combination meter for this purpose.

I honestly don't know what the state of that line is but was able to confirm that it did work properly on that truck.

I have no answer for you, but wanted to thank you for this post. It answered a question i posted awhile back.

Thanks again

Hi all, just a quick question (yes I did use the search but didn't come across an answer).

When putting 80Series axles under another vehicle, and using the factory ECU and switch, what do you do with the pin for the speed sensor on the ECU? Or is there no need to do anything with it?

I know that you need to groud pin15 to fool the ECU into thinking the CDL is locked.

Anything else I missed?

many thanks!

Koos

Leave the speed sensor pin disconnected.

Awesome!

I'll leave that pin disconnected.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom