E code headlamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota OEM e code headlamps, LHD are available from Ateb - put in a pair and the LX450 side markers. The headlamps are excellent with sharp E code cutoff, and extremely bright. I'm running IPF X51 bulbs on 30 amp relays on each side. The pattern is really good, no flashing from anyone on the road even in my raised vehicle now. The whole works was just over $500. FYI. I think there is a writeup in the 80 section from someone who did this swap in a US FJ80 if anyone needs more details.

You don't HAVE to replace the JDM side markers. However, they are not DOT approved, so you might have problems with inspection. Apparently, the latest in B.C. is that they are getting REALLY tough on JDM's and there will be checks on all the vehicles previously brought into B.C. which passed on the initial inspections. This is a rumour at this point but it's very, very strong. I just talked to a guy who brought his own HDJ81 in from Japan. It took him 5 attempts to get his truck through inspections and he mentioned the fellow he was dealing with was very tough, going by the book for everything.

I checked my bill more carefully. It was $350 for the 2 headlamps and another 190 ish for the 2 DOT side markers. Mine are a mix of amber and white, kind of half way in between the solid amber ones I've seen and the JDM's.

It looks like everyone with 81's is going to have to do this at some point. Strangely, my vehicle had the RHD lamps on it with the clear side markers and got through the initial inspection, which it should not have. I made these changes now rather than be forced to do it later (or possibly pulled off the road).

that is a wicked price for head lamps.
good info.
Mike Woods has a new memo coming out in the near future (TC time) chowing that sinde markers and tail lamps showing the JIS insignia will be acceptable. Head lamps must be changed out for BC units.
check here for any updates: www.ivoac.ca
cheers

I cannot locate the supplier Ateb. Does anyone have a link?

thx

I cannot locate the supplier Ateb. Does anyone have a link?

thx

Their web page seems to be down right now: http://www.ateb.ca/index.html.

They are just off of Kingsway and Imperial. Here is their address & phone:
[SIZE=+1]Ateb[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]7088 Merritt Avenue[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Burnaby, BC V5J 4R6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](604) 438-7537
[/SIZE]

Not sure if you know it or not, but they are a full service shop, not just a supplier. They specialize in JDM vehicles but can work on just about anything.

Toyota OEM e code headlamps, LHD are available from Ateb - put in a pair and the LX450 side markers. The headlamps are excellent with sharp E code cutoff, and extremely bright. I'm running IPF X51 bulbs on 30 amp relays on each side. The pattern is really good, no flashing from anyone on the road even in my raised vehicle now. The whole works was just over $500. FYI. I think there is a writeup in the 80 section from someone who did this swap in a US FJ80 if anyone needs more details.

Are these marked "Toyota" or "Koito" on the lenses? Just curious if they are really OEM. These plug right into an HDJ81 factory headlight wiring? Sounds like a great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom