E-Brake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just driving down the road and noticed my brake light was on.
Thing is , it is disconnected, if I wiggle the lever it sometimes goes off. Any remedies out there?:confused:

how can the disconnected ebrake have anything to do with the master cylinder? Maybe I should check my blinker fluid too..........:flipoff2:

And your muffler bearings!

The brake warning light is also activated by the low brake fluid switch.

How come I can fudge with the lever and it goes away?:confused:

You asked, we answered. You realize we can't see it from here.

How come you don't look at yourself? The ebrake switch merely grounds the circuit to the brake warning light. If the wire is flopping around it'll make ground once in a while. About the simplest circuit on your truck. Figure it out.

Tinker-
I think you may have something there. Just picked up my kid from religion class on a VERY BUMPY side street, and almost every bump I hit on/off/on//off........ And I could'nt check today but I will in the am

I would bet it is a coincidence that the light goes out when you move the lever. The light blinking on and off is almost always low fluid level. If not that, Tinker's suggestion is a good second place to look.

Thats a big 10-4 and thanks to both of you , and sorry so harsh Tinker:beer:

hey euclid and civil1. It was definately low fluid, about half down. Thanks, did not know those 2 worked in conjunction, and my apologies to all whom i jumped at, you are the pros, i am not.:beer:

webelk6 said:
hey euclid and civil1. It was definately low fluid, about half down. Thanks, did not know those 2 worked in conjunction, and my apologies to all whom i jumped at, you are the pros, i am not.:beer:

Well, I don't think pro is the word I would use for myself maybe euclid.

Glad you got it fixed. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom