1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-brake rebuild

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtank, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. landtank

    landtank SILVER Star

    Messages:
    18,990
    Likes Received:
    1,141
    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2003
    Location:
    Groveland MA
    There has been several post concerning problems with the e-brakes. As I rebuilt mine a few months ago I thought I'd post what I needed to replace for that rebuild.

    2 bellcranks (1-Lt, 1Rt)
    2 bellcrank mount (1-Lt, 1Rt)
    2 parking brake cable #2s
    2 stop bolts
    2 stop bolt nuts
    2 sets shoes

    and associated pins and clips. A set at the bellcrank/mount pivot point and at the parking brake cable #2 and bellcrank attachment point.


    What I found was that the bellcrank had seized in the mount which would hold the e-brake on. A similar situation at the cable/bell crank resuslted in a week brake. Since this point couldn't pivot the pulling force wasn't derectly applied to the brasking arm and resulted in a week e-brake.

    I used alot of white lithium at both pivot points in hopes of getting some mileage out of this fix.

    Sorry no part numbers, me and paperwork don't get along.
     
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">