E-Brake light won't turn off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the E-brake light on my LX470 started coming on and turning off on it's own about 2 weeks ago, then stayed on fully. I pulled the console, disconnected the e-brake handle, still stayed on. Brake fluid level was good, only about 1/16" low, topped it off, still the e-brake light is on. Any ideas what else it could be? I've driven it at least 2000 miles since then and no issues.... just the light on.

Brake fluid level was good, only about 1/16" low, topped it off
Did you top it off properly, following the instructions on the top of the reservoir (eg, pump pedal 40 times or until it drops out to empty accumulator before adding fluid)?

Did you top it off properly, following the instructions on the top of the reservoir (eg, pump pedal 40 times or until it drops out to empty accumulator before adding fluid)?
Yep, which is why I'm completely confused. I have no idea what it could be....

Yep, which is why I'm completely confused. I have no idea what it could be....
You likely have a leak in the system. Master cylinder, calipers, or lines.

Well.. finally solved it and you guys won't believe what it was.
It was the passenger side, front, vehicle speed sensor. The tab that bolts the sensor in had broken, the sensor had rotated itself and was feeding bad data as a result.
I rotated the sensor, glued it in with some crappy silicone sealant to see if it would fix it and it did. The lights now been off 3 weeks and everything works fine. New sensor has arrived in the mail and I'll be putting it on, in the next few days.

Well.. finally solved it and you guys won't believe what it was.
It was the passenger side, front, vehicle speed sensor. The tab that bolts the sensor in had broken, the sensor had rotated itself and was feeding bad data as a result.
I rotated the sensor, glued it in with some crappy silicone sealant to see if it would fix it and it did. The lights now been off 3 weeks and everything works fine. New sensor has arrived in the mail and I'll be putting it on, in the next few days.

Good deal, excellent detective work. And for those that don't know....if you ever need to remove the speed sensor....best to have a new one on hand because most often they are stuck (if original) and brittle.

Interesting. I would have thought that the sensor transmitting bad data would have triggered the ABS light, not the brake light. Noted for future use. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom