E Brake Light Coming On And Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my brakes professionally done last year by a LC mechanic that I trust and I believe did a great job. The rotors were machined and the front calipers/pads were replaced. Cost me a ton but I have no way to do it myself.

So my new problem is that my e-brake light is coming on and off seemingly for no reason at all and totally randomly. My E-brake is definitely not on when the light is coming off and on and it happens at all sorts of times. Not just when I'm going around a corner, up hill, etc., etc.

Is the light coming on cause it's time to replace my pads or is something else going on? Any and all suggestions would be awesome.

mine does the same thing intermintately .... the only thing I can figure out on mine personally is that I need a new ps caliper so I believe it to be some type of diagnostic tool ... also it will make my cruise cut off sometimes on the highway

If the fluid level's good, then the problem is the sensor itself in the master cylinder cap. Known issue and pretty common. To verify, unplug it and see if the light stays off.

ncrockinfj, the above goes for you too. And yes, the cruise control (on early years) will cut out when this happens.

Curtis

Float sensor is the culprit. $35 or so from c-dan if I recall correctly. One of the most painless gratifying fixes to remove one my "United Lights of Beneton" I've got going on my dash. Eh, what can you do... Oh yeah wear a seatbelt and fix the egr system...

well my ps caliper does also need replaced ... but i will check on the sensor in the morning

My '94 BRAKE light would come on when going up and down very steep hills. When driving on level surfaces, no light.

The fluid was just low enough to trip the sensor when on an angle. It also alerted me that my front pads were getting thin.

Riley

disconnected my sensor and it fixed the problem ... well for now I will be calling dan and pricing a new sensor soon

My '94 BRAKE light would come on when going up and down very steep hills. When driving on level surfaces, no light.

The fluid was just low enough to trip the sensor when on an angle. It also alerted me that my front pads were getting thin.

Riley

Usually a good sign pads are getting low somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom