E-Brake (hand brake) mounts rattle over bumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formulaonehd

NWZ - The storm is here
Threads
Hi all.

Was reading some old posts about rattles on the 100s/LX that people have struggled to find.

Ive got that dreaded rattle and its clearly the metal mounts where the E-brake cable goes into the back of the brake rotors. They are covered in a big rubber cover/seal and cant seem to remove it. Im assuming you have to go in from the front of the rotor to adjust anything such as the screwdriver tighten adjustment. I have very little experience with brakes, just a couple of pad replacements over the years.

Anyone have any experience fixing this? the clang rattle over bumps is driving me nuts

Mine 2001 LC has started doing that recently, more of a chirp going over sharp bumps.

I sprayed some lube on the pivots inside the boot on the back of the hubs, seems to have at least reduced it. I'll tighten the cable tension adjustment at the rear axle next. If I pull the brake lever one or two clicks that seems to eliminate the chirp and it doesn't engage the brake.

Same here, chriping/squeaking over bumps.. Drives me crazy. Didn't yet find a thread that guides through how to fix it:(

Me either, just an FSM screen shot but not as helpful as walkthroughs and videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom