E - 1974 Door Latch Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.freewayoneentertainment.com
My latches - like many other I would say - are shagged. So I bought these but this pin [arrowed] refuses to hold the assy. together. I'm sick of the rattles, so I was thinking either;

a] pull my existing latches down, add a bit more material [weld] onto the geared teeth [what do you call them?], grind so it fits snug and reassemble. Only issue would be reassembling with a new fastener as I don't think there's room behind for a bolt head?
b] find a way to keep that pin together. I've tried pressing it in a vice but no dice.

124-05-KIT-big.jpg

I know it is tough to find a rattle. I bought these new, AND, adjusted door , new weatherstrip, 10 years .... no issues.

I know it is tough to find a rattle. I bought these new, AND, adjusted door , new weatherstrip, 10 years .... no issues.
Thanks mate, any issues with the pin twisting itself loose?

Thanks mate, any issues with the pin twisting itself loose?

Been 10 years but I must admit it is not a daily driver , so perhaps 1500 miles per year. The pins did not work loose. Also, I bought mine at SOR and the left and right were different gray colors. No big deal but I questioned it and they already knew it. They were all like that.

Where did you get them from, I need to do mine? Would an e clip work as a shim on the back?

And a word of warning, the door lock retaining spring is a pain to get back on, and the outer handle passes through it.

Where did you get them from, I need to do mine? Would an e clip work as a shim on the back?

And a word of warning, the door lock retaining spring is a pain to get back on, and the outer handle passes through it.
CCOT IIRC. Define e-clip mate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom